Discussion Topic • Bellingham, WA • 1 member • 67 followers
About this group
A group for users of Logos Bible Software to discuss Workflows.Follow
- Hi all. Ross from Perth in Scotland here. I was wondering if there was a way to create a link within a custom workflow to open a specific resource. For example setting the particular step to open the Dictionary of Biblical imagery? thanks in advance Ross
- Hi, Ross. I did this a year or so ago, and the details are fuzzy, but I think you'll find the information you need here: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022299852-How-do-I-create-links-to-content-in-Logos- I'm pretty sure that I used the "L4" method referred to there.
- Is it possible in Logos 10 to specify a collection for the commentaries section in Workflows? This was initially discussed on the forums in 2018 and (if it hasn't been implemented yet) this feature request needs more votes: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/specify-a-collection-for-the-commentaries-section-in-workflows Basically, this would allow Workflows to specify specific commentaries (or more accurately a type of commentary) to reference during specific Workflow steps.Give feedback and suggest new ideas for Faithlife.Give feedback and suggest new ideas for Faithlife.feedback.faithlife.com
- In Logos 10, when you click the 3 dots in upper right, does not allow edit. Where is the edit process located currently.
- If it is owned by Logos, then they do not allow for editing on their workflows. I do not know if we as consumers have the ability to do so on workflows we create. I do not know all of the ins and outs of the workflows, I am merely going by my experience personally.
- Is there a way to link a workflow to a reading plan which I have already started? :)
- I've been following along with some Logos tutorials and now have a long list of "started workflows" that I don't plan to finish. Is there a way to remove or "reset" these workflows so they don't appear in my "started workflows" list?
- Thank you
- How do you delete them if you are primarily using the web app?
- Sorry, I've used the web app only a few times so haven't had to figure it out.
- If I create a Workflow and "share" it publicly, what is the process for someone to make a copy of that Workflow template and then edit it? (That is, I'm not talking about using the Workflow as it is - working through the steps - but rather changing some of the questions, resources, etc. Here is the process that I thought would work: 1. Find the shared Workflow, and then click on "Add to your docs" 2. Open the Workflow through "Guides" 3. Click the 3-vertical-dot menu button, and choose "Edit this workflow". Apparently this is not working. Is it only the original author of the Workflow who is able to edit it? I would expect that once a user uses "Add to your docs", that makes a copy of the original, and the user would be able to edit their copy. (For what it's worth, I've created a tutorial for creating a new workflow (with a focus on beginning with an existing one and editing it) here:Creating a Workflow in LogosCreating a Workflow in Logos A Logos Workflow is a set of steps to accomplish a particular task, often including links to certain appropriate resources. You can think of any task that a Bible translator would need to be able to do using Translators Workplace and other Logos resources - then br...docs.google.com
- Doug, I found your public workflow, and editing works for me (see screenshot). Does the user having trouble own the Workflow Editor feature in the Tools menu? Creating and editing custom workflows is available in Silver and up.
- Thanks, Adam - that's probably the issue. I'll check with him, but I suspect that he may have Bronze. I appreciate your prompt response!
- I have a real problem opening by Logos Bible Software. Since yesterday. May I have help so that I can prepare my work. I have written custom service and no one is coming to my aid.
- There's a workflow Preset called Devotion is it possible to edit the whole workflow as in , take out some questions and add my own customizations? Or better still how can i create a similar workflow on my own within Logos?
- Topic on Suffering of the believers
- I would like to learn how to more effectively set up and use the workflows feature in my logos software. What videos do you all recommend that I watch to get better at setting this up?
- Enjoying Logos 9, truly. How come after all this improvement, that Logos only wants you to use completed Workflows in other software instead of Logos itself (MS Word, PowerPoint, or anything Microsoft) ?? Wouldn't it also make sense (for the reason I use Logos is it's interoperability within itself from bible to commentary, to etc.) for the completed Logos workflows contain an option to both "Send to" 'Notes' and also 'New Sermon Document'? I wonder why make us want to go back and forth from Microsoft products to use Logos Workflows.
- Hi Sean Crow. As you move through a workflow and add your responses and observations in the free text fields, everything you enter is saved as notes in a notebook named after the workflow you're working in. So, if you open the notebooks view in the Notes tool, you'll find notebooks named after each workflow you've entered text in. In the attached image, I've entered text in 2 fields in a Basic Bible Study Workflow on John 1:1-18. So the notebook's name is "Basic Bible Study | John 1:1–18" and the notes I've entered are saved inside that notebook.
- Is it not possible to enter information into or Workflow and/or Sermon Builders without connecting it to a note?
- Hi Evelyn Anderson, you can create your sermon in Sermon Builder without connecting that sermon to any particular notebook. With your workflows, on the other hand, any text you enter in a free text field is saved to a notebook. This is the mechanism for saving your content so that you can access it again whenever you need it.