MISSION WOODS CHURCH
Church • 27 members • 4 followers
About this group
A Growing PlaceFollow
- Welcome to our MISSION WOODS group! We're glad you're here. This is a great place to find and share information about what's happening in our church, to listen to sermons, to join conversations and more. We hope you'll come back often to check in and see what's happening and take part in conversations, Bible studies and more!
- From Where You SitI am indebted in no small part to Rev. Dr. Paul Smith for the descriptions and story line I used here in this sermon from his book, on which this Sermon Series title comes from and is based: Jesus - Meet Him Again for the First Time. One of the ways that you know about someone is the types of people…sermons.faithlife.com
- John A. Murphy, Jr. published a bulletinReadMISSION WOODS CHURCHWorship, Sunday, March 19, 2023
- You Don't Know What You Don't KnowI remember as a child learning the phrase about learning: “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.” I have no clue who said it first, but they had something there. In aquatics and as lifeguards it is common to hear, “You don’t know what you don’t know.” It’s why lifeguards walk around their…sermons.faithlife.com
- John A. Murphy, Jr. published a bulletinReadMISSION WOODS CHURCHWorship, Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Preparing for MinistryIn our culture there is a persistent myth of instant. As if everything happens in the present. And if you think about it there is good reason for that, we have access to almost everything in seconds. Our computers are faster than ever before. Have a question about: the biological structure of an orchid?…sermons.faithlife.com
- Asking Questions; Seeking AnswersWe are in the season of Lent, a 7 week journey to Easter. And for the next several weeks we’re going to be meeting Jesus. Some of you might say, but I already know Jesus. Well, we’re going to examine what we know and be open to what we don’t know. What does the Bible say? What else can we know? Most…sermons.faithlife.com
- In Conclusion...You’ve been writing…a letter… a story....an essay…an editorial…How you wrap it up and conclude is your final opportunity to get your message across. This chapter begins with the words, “Remember your Creator...” and includes that phrase Ecclesiastes is known for, “Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher;…sermons.faithlife.com
- Ruth E Moore published a bulletinReadMISSION WOODS CHURCHWorship, Sunday, February 19, 2023
Join Us For Worship!
Join us for worship in person at Mission Woods Church. We are worshipping indoors and in our parking lot. Inside our sanctuary we ask that you wear a mask. Our congregation is singing (masks on) and spaced as you are comfortable. We have individual seats so it's easy to move them where you like. Our worship team leads without masks.
There are some who continue to worship in their "COVID safe pods" (their automobiles) in our parking lot. You are invited to join us in our parking lot and simply tune to the radio station we broadcast on. You will be able to sing along thanks to lyrics in our bulletins, and we can provide you a hymnal to keep in your car for when you come to worship.