- Make Logos display all of your search results on the Timeline:Display All Search Results on the TimelineA fellow Logos user contacted me with a question I wanted to pass along to you: I’m doing a search for Moses on the Timeline which says I have 29 hits. But I can’t see them. I have to move through …mpseminars.com
- Easily share your Logos documents right here with your Faithlife Groups:Share Documents with Faithlife GroupsOne of the most helpful tweaks in the recently released Logos 8.5 update is the ability to both share and download documents within Faithlife Groups. This blog focuses on sharing and next week’s do…mpseminars.com
- Follow this guide to download documents from your Faithlife Groups:Download Documents from Faithlife GroupsIn a recent blog I discussed sharing documents with our Faithlife Groups. Now we turn our attention to downloading documents fellow group members have made available to us. Let’s imagine a member o…mpseminars.com
- Here's a simple shortcut to find your Documents and Notebooks from the Docs Menu:Access Notebooks and Collections from the Docs MenuOur Logos Bible Software continues to expand and improve. Often it’s a small improvement that creates a big impact. Case in point is a recent 8.5 tweak: Notebooks and Collections were added as Filt…mpseminars.com
- Use these tips to better understand the Faithlife Study Bible in Logos:The Bible for Faithlife Study BibleSo here’s an observant question from a Logos user: I’m really enjoying the Faithlife Study Bible, but noticed a Bible selector on its toolbar. What’s that all about? That’s …mpseminars.com
- Learn how to use Workflows to guide you through new Bible research methods:Easily Navigate Workflow StepsIf we ask 10 Logos users, “What’s the most significant addition to Logos 8?” half will probably say the new Notes tool and the other half, Workflows. Workflows are literally step by step sugg…mpseminars.com
- Here's a useful tip to find a specific word in a text (even outside of Logos!): https://mpseminars.com/church/sometimes-find-is-all-you-need%EF%BB%BF/Sometimes Find is All You NeedAs you well know Logos has a very powerful search engine that allows us to find most anything we need in our books and Bibles. Sometimes, however, we just don’t need all that power. For example, le…mpseminars.com
Please pray.When do you have a seminar that I may attend. Jean Bounds 601-422-8141
- Hey, I have what might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway. "What happens to my Bible Study notes once I finish a Bible Study Workflow?" Can I access past workflows?
Rev. Kevin Obermeyer — EditedGreat questions! All your notes are stored as a notebook in Notes, named after the particular workflow you did. You can rename the notebook as you wish. Your notes are also anchored to the associated verses and resources you used in the workflow. And your completed workflows are found and accessible under the Guides menu. If you plan to refer to a completed workflow often, you can even pin it to the top of the Guides menu if you right click on it.
- Is there a Greek Septuagint with Louw-Nida numeration?
- Not that I am aware of or have seen. Perhaps someone else knows something I do not.
- I was looking and haven’t seen anything either. Nothing numerically tagged. In the lookup features for the Interlinears or standard (I’m pretty sure all of them) you can send a word to the Lexham Analytical Lexicon for Septuagint or BDAG, etc., but that might be the only option for now. The New Testament resources are better tagged for that kind of thing than their Old Testament ones, at least at this time.
- Thanks for the feedback!
- In Biblical Places Maps --> Jesus Ministry in Palestine, Is there a way to print the Event Bible Reference popups on the map?
- I couldn't find that map either.
- Well, Loren Torgerson Jr, I was finally able to find the Biblical Places Maps, by searching in Everything for "Biblical Places Maps" with the quotes and it comes up as a library resource. It's a nice set of maps, but I have no idea how to make the popups print out with the map, like Michael Mojica wanted to do.
- You should be able to type Bible Places Maps in your desktop library even without quotes to find it (it isn’t available in mobile, like other dynamic resources) and then open the specific map within the resource. I don’t think there is a way to print the dynamic features of the maps, as with other similar links in some resources. I can’t find anything in the wiki or forums on it either. Probably will have to wait for that feature to be released, if it’s possible. They’d probably have to have a static map key linked to it that is printable, which I don’t think they do in that particular one.
- Morris Proctor published a newsletterMP Seminars July NewsletterReadLogos Training
A fellow Logos user contacted me with a question I wanted to pass along to you:
I’m doing a search for Moses on the Timeline which says I have 29 hits. But I can’t see them. I have to move through the Timeline to find them and I’m not sure I’m viewing them all. Surely there’s something I’m not doing. Help!
This is a very common question and the answer is quite simple so let’s take a look at it [...]
In case you missed any tips and tricks from our recent blog posts:
- My workflow doesn't load when I open it and try to type in a preaching theme. Is there something that I'm missing? Do I need to Faithlife sermons in order to do this, or can I get it done just through the workflow?
- Is there any way to download yesterday's seminar? Everything was coming so fast I couldn't take notes, and today I'm trying to do control shift drag and I'm sure that's not a command you taught!
- I got an e-mail with a link to replay the seminar. I don't see a way to download it.
- I also would like to download and replay. We're having Internet issues and the 1 hour webinar, I quit after 3.5 hours of "watch/wait". If I could download overnight then watch in the morning I could avoid the buffering nightmare.
- I expect that they will not allow any of their videos to be downloaded - I think you have to pay the subscription of $20 a month to get access to all of them. Then you can view any of them at your convenience .