- I can't find MP Seminars Online under Faithlife Groups. Where is it Located?
- Don't miss out on the best deal ever we're running for Black Friday! $160 for an annual subscription with NO price increase in the future as long as you remain a subscriber! Includes tickets to Camp Logos 2 on Dec 14-15, and full access to all training courses and all new content coming soon. Check it out here: https://mpseminars.com
- is logos camp online or in person somewhere?
- Peggy Sue - Camp Logos for Logos 10 is available to subscribers in our training library. Camp Logos 2 will be streamed online December 14-15 to annual subscribers with its archive available online thereafter. It will then be divided into shorter segments with progress tracking like typical courses are laid out and placed in the Video Training library (probably in January).
"Supernatural Being" autocomplete issue
Apologies to those who had trouble following along with the Power Searching webinar.
- It turns out, there’s a bug in search autocomplete that doesn’t allow users to find many Label search terms, unless they happen to have a license for the non-English version of the dataset.
- When Josh demo'ed this autocomplete feature in in the webinar, using the example of supernaturalBeing, people ran into the bug, and started reporting this problem.
To fix it:
- For an immediate workaround to fix "Supernatural Being" in autocomplete, join this public Faithlife Group: https://faithlife.com/supernatural-being-autocomplete-bug-workaround
- Then restart Logos. This will grant a temporary license that will resolve the issue for the Supernatural Beings dataset.
We are also fixing the bug in code, which will go out with the next software update.
Thank you everyone who reported the issue and helped us track down the cause!
- @jim dean - no, it is for any thing with the type of "Label" - the workaround above (joining the faithlife group and restarting Logos) mostly addresses the issue for me
Jim Dean — Edited@james brent griffin ... thanks for the clarification! @adam borries ... you really should modify your OP to clarify that ALL label searches are impacted. ALSO, I trust that becoming a "follower" of the group is sufficient, without becoming a "member".
- Jim, I updated the OP. To further clarify: * The bug affects _most_ labels, but not all. * The bug only affects the _autocomplete suggestion_, not the search itself. If you manually type the search terms, or execute the search another way (like from the context menu in a resource), the search will still work. * The autocomplete bug has been fixed in beta version 30.0, which will ship to all users next week. https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_30.0_RC_1
- I have been using the sermon manager but I kind of learned by doing. I have created templates but I need to modify them. How do I do that? Walt Fletcher Pastor of EagleWing Fellowship Everett WA
- Hi Walter B. Fletcher -- if you click the Documents Menu icon to open the docs menu, your templates are listed there. You can filter for the Type: Sermon and the templates will be listed there as sermon documents. You can open any template to edit. We encourage naming templates with the word Template so they're easier to spot. At this time Logos doesn't have a filter for Type: Sermon Template in the Docs menu, and they aren't listed as sermons in your sermon manager.
- One other thought is that you can also duplicate it to edit as a new one just in case you ever decide you want to use the original version of the template again, then name each accordingly.
- Hello. Any estimate on when the latest Camp Logos 10 (the second one) will be available online? Looking forward to it. thank you
- How can I get notified of webinars? I used to get e-mailed about them, but now I never know about them until after the fact.
- I also have been missing notification about webinars. Tom McBride
- Carrol Mills and Thomas McBride - there could be any number of things going on. Spam filters are always getting more aggressive, so it could be we're going to a spam folder (or being filtered out by a server's filter). You can use this page to put your email details in, which should ensure you're on the list to be notified: https://mpseminars.com/sign-up/ If you still have trouble, use the Help button in the lower right of mpseminars.com and we'll double check that you're active on the list, or whether we can tell from our side that you're notified. That said, if you're a subscriber (and hopefully you are or will be!) -- all you need to do is log in and your "My Dashboard" page will show you the latest content, INCLUDING the most recent webinar in its archived form where you can pause / fast forward / speed up playback / etc. -- full controls without the limitations of the live-feed. Today's webinar was a hit with some really great content, so here's the link for the replay if you're not already a subscriber: https://mpseminars.com/webinars/power-searching-logos-10/
- I have been an active MP Seminars (Logos Bible Software) member for several years. Because of time constraints, I did not watch the Webinar on Connecting the Testaments until this morning. I noticed the special pricing of $160 per year for renewal. When I attempted to do this, I saw that the special code had expired. Is there any way I can still renew for $160 per year? This would be very helpful for me. Thank you!
- I called them and they set me up with a lifetime membership at just $160.00 a year. The people were very helpful. Like you I was a member for years and the new rate is a great value!
- CAMP LOGOS IS BACK! Early Bird Pricing Expires in 2 Days! Register Now and Save.Camp Logos 2023 (DC Area) - MP SeminarsLogos 10 is More Powerful Than Ever! Camp Logos DC Area (Northern VA) is the […]mpseminars.com
- Good morning I have never attended Camp Logos. But I can't wait to attend another one this was great I agree with Nita please come closer to Florida I would love to attend in person I'm watching play back over and over thanks to Brother Joshua Rowe and team blessing !!! Pastor Gaskins 🙏🏾 🙏🏾 🙏🏾
- Completely agree! What a terrific training opportunity. Even online it was exceptional and well worth the cost. Fabulous job! :)
- You're all so very kind. I was humbled and honored to do the training and can't wait for the next one!
- I'm adding a sermon in Sermon Builder in Logos. Is there any way to add images (a map, for instance) to the body of the sermon in Sermon Builder? Not a background image. Thanks!
- John Arnold. A few years ago I got a series of videos on the theology of Philippians. I started to watch one the other day and all I got was audio. Am I doing something wrong?
- Check at the bottom of Settings to see if "Enable Hardware Acceleration" is set to "yes".
- Thank you Carol. Problem solved!
- I have been doing a study of Romans. Recently all my note markers in the Biblical text disappeared and any new notes I am making don't show up in the text. I went to see if somehow the visual filter for this particular note file/folder got turned off and discovered NONE of my note files are showing up in the visual filters listing. How could this have happened, and more importantly, how do I get the note markers to show up again when the file isn't showing in the visual filter listing?
- It did reappear -- then disappear again as soon as I started adding new notes.
Bobby D. Gayton — EditedJon A. Covey - I have a study tract on the Godhead (Scriptures'). Be glad to send it to you. My email is email@example.com.
- Apologies. This is a known issue that is already fixed in the beta version of the software. See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/216393.aspx
- I'm reading Chafer's Systematic Theology so I'm trying to do a search that will return all instances where the Trinity is named by various titles, e.g. the Father, the Most High, God, etc., combined with Son, Spirit, and their permutations. Maybe this kind of search is too complex, and I should break it down into instances where Father AND Son are, Father AND Spirit, etc. Has anyone tried something like this?
- Perfect, Cristian Chamorro. Thanks. So great. I was trying to set up something like that, but I wasn't doing it right. I had quotes around the whole thing for one thing, and didn't use 'person:' I just tried it and got amazing results, e.g. Heb 9.14; 10:29. The Heb 10:29 is subtle because God isn't in it, but Son of God is, which by implication includes God.
- Here's another great one we all know: John 15:26 "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me." Your search plan is excellent.
- I'm glad to be of help, brother!