- An update regarding the COVID Vaccine From Michelle W: Prisma Health is working rapidly to provide COVID -19 vaccines to SC residents age 70+. We have created a vaccine request form to streamline this process. To complete this request form for a Prisma Health location go to; PrismaHealth.org/vaccine or call toll-free 1-833-2 Prisma (277-4762). For Non Prisma Health sites offering the COVID-19 vaccine can be found at; schdhec.org/vaxlocator or call 1-855-472-3432. Please note the following 1) Be patient. We are working hard on all the details in an environment that is changing rapidly. Expect delays as it will take us time to contact you for an appointment. 2) Please do not submit multiple vaccine request forms or leave multiple messages on the phone line. 3)Do not call individual physician practices, Prisma Health pharmacies or hospitals about vaccines. In the meantime, continue to socially distance, wear masks and wash your hands frequently. Thank you for your cooperation!
A Fitting Word
I thought this was well said, so I’m sharing it with you in case you haven’t already seen it.
From David Shirley:
My heart breaks at how divided our country is at this time. It seems that the lines have been drawn and everyone falls on one side or the other. We all have our personal convictions and opinions. I have mine and you have yours. That’s ok. I want each of you to know that I love each of you and I treasure your friendship. I also think that the only way we can navigate the day in which we live is through the guidance, widsdom, presence and empowerment of God. Without that we’re all on a journey that won’t end well for any of us.
Yes, things are changing. It looks like some challenging days are ahead, especially for the church and for those who are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. But didn’t Jesus tell us those kind of days would come? Didn’t he tell us that the world hated Him and it’s going to hate us ,too? No one promised you and I a problem-free journey to Heaven. It’s going to get harder and yes the persecution against the faith community is probably coming.
So what does that mean for those of us who claim the name of Christ? It means that I claim every promise that God gave to me as His child. It means that God is about to do something amazing and we get to be a part of it! It means that through Him I’m going to be ok. It means that when it’s all over and done we’re on the winning side. It means that as His child I don’t have to live in fear. It means that me, my family and my grandchildren were all born for such a time as this! It means that even in the midst of anger, division and rudeness I, as His child, still have the responsibility to let my light shine and treat others the way God expects me to. It means as His child I’m under His wing and never alone. It doesn’t matter who is in the White House or in control of Congress - my God rules and reigns over all and it is He who places men in authority.
Yes, these are challenging days - but aren’t they all? In John 16:33 Jesus said “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
In the days ahead, regardless of what they hold, I’ll take refuge in the ONE who promised shelter; I’ll live each day in His promises; I’ll continue to stand on my convictions and beliefs and I’ll refuse to compromise; I’ll endeavor to treat others with respect and dignity; I’ll rest in His peace and His grace because He said it was sufficient;
I refuse to live my life in fear, especially of man. I’ll do my best to live my life in such a way that regardless of the circumstances we find ourselves in here, God is able to accomplish in me His plan to ultimately fulfill my purpose.
- Please pray for George Moore (George Adams' uncle and namesake) ....he is in Greenville Memorial with a brain bleed. Only one family member can visit once a day. My husband, Dennis, and George have been very good friends for life. George is also Arvel Pettit's brother-in-law. Thanks in advance for your prayers!
- Troy Nicholson posted an announcement
Services Resume on 12/13/20Starting this Sunday, December 13th, we will resume in-person services in the FELLOWSHIP HALL. The hall allows for more space for social distancing and for more fresh air. Our purpose is to help everyone have a healthy and happy Christmas season while reducing the threat of COVID to our congregation. At this time, we will not be resuming Sunday School.
- Please remember Larry Lawhorne and family in your prayers. His brother passed away this morning.
- Today's prayer request from the prayer guide: A Life Given is a Sacrifice Throughout their 175-year history, Southern Baptist have maintained an uninterrupted witness among the nations, in spite of famine, war, and civil unrest. This commitment has not come without sacrifice. About 60 missionaries and children have died because of tragic circumstances while serving with the International Mission Board (IMB) since the organization's founding in 1845, when it was known as the Foreign Mission Board. The causes include accidents such as drowning, automobile and aircraft crashes, and ships lost at sea. They also include deaths as a result of war and criminal or terrorist acts. In some cases, the missionaries were targeted specifically because of their faith or missionary service. Of those 60, more than 20 IMB missionaries lost their lives "as a result of human hostility in a cross-cultural setting," according to Scott Peterson of the IMB global research team. While the IMB does not typically refer to or describe personnel who died in active service as "martyrs", the sacrifice of those who died while serving cross-culturally is no less significant than those who were targeted specifically for their faith. Each life given is a sacrifice because of a life lived in obedience to Christ. THANK GOD for the man and women who, with their children, have traveled to the ends of the earth to share the gospel with those who have never heard. THANK GOD for the uninterrupted witness of Southern Baptist among the nations for 175 years. ASK GOD to continue to protect missionaries and their families serving in cross-cultural and often difficult areas around the globe.