About this group
At Ozark Highlands Church our Mission is to transform people into completely committed disciples of Jesus Christ!Ask to join
- Ok... so here's the situation. The upload is taking FOREVER, and has only uploaded 3% since 11:00 this morning. HERE'S the plan! I am going to go live on YouTube at 3:00pm this afternoon with the message for today. If you haven't subscribed to our YouTube page, you can do so below. So sorry for all of the confusion today, but we are just rolling with what we have. See you all over on YouTube soon!Ozark Highlands ChurchWe exist to fulfill the mission set before us... to transform people into totally committed disciples of Jesus Christ!www.youtube.com
- Watch here, Facebook, or Youtube, tomorrow morning at 11am.
- Why is there no church on Sunday, Jan 16th? No e-mails, nothing here, no phone calls.....NOTHING!
- Hey Fred, I posted about this on here 2 days ago. It was a difficult decision, but we have around 20% of our congregation test positive or have symptoms. Sorry if you missed it, but we are looking into better ways to communicate thing like this via phone call or text message.
- PLEASE READ: Due to an overwhelming amount of illness in the church, and how quickly it has been shown to spread, along with other compounding factors like forecasted weather, we will be postponing ALL in-person services and activities (including G2 small groups) at Ozark Highlands Church for the week. We WILL have a livestream service this Sunday morning at 11:00am continuing with our series “The Red Letters”. The Elders and I will re-evaluate our situation at the end of the week, but we plan to be back open next weekend beginning with services on Sunday morning January 23rd. God bless you all, stay safe, and we’ll see you soon!
- WHEN EVERYTHING SEEMS DREARY Good afternoon OHC! I just wanted to take a moment out of this day the Lord has blessed us with and tell you all how much I have been thinking of and praying about you all this week. For many reasons this time of year can feel depressing and make us feel down. I believe the Holy Spirit is showing me this week that many are struggling with this. The good news is that we don't have to live and dwell in this state! We have true joy through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Here are three things I would urge you to do to help you out of any "funk" you may find yourself in: Pray a Prayer of Thankfulness - It is much more difficult to remain in a a down or depressive state, when make it a point to remember and thank God for all that He has done for you. - Philippians 4:6-7 "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell god what you need and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Read Your Bible - Reading scripture is paramount in finding your way when there seems to be no other way. To be able to have stability in your life and have peace in joy in the toughest of days, you have to have something stable to hold onto... that is your Bible! Pick a scripture to read, find a devotional on the Bible app, Google scripture that deals with what you are facing in your own life. It doesn't matter how you find it, only that you follow through with it. - Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." Go to Church - Seasonal affective disorder is a real thing. It happens this time of year when there is less sunlight, we spend more time indoors, the holidays are over, and it seems that we have nothing to look forward to. Symptoms include fatigue, depression, hopelessness, and social withdrawal. The Mayo Clinic says that treatments include both light therapy and talk therapy. If you need light therapy, there is no better reason to be outside in this cold weather than to see the true Light of the World... Jesus is the best Light therapy there is! And if you are needing to talk, pray, or just be with someone, there is no better place to do that than at OHC. There are people there who love you, and miss you, and need you too! - Hebrews 10:24-25 "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect out meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near." I am praying for you all! And if you find yourself reading this and you don't feel like it is for you, please know that it might be for someone you know that you haven't seen or heard from in a while. Please reach out to them! You may be exactly who they need to hear from at this time! Love you and God bless, Pastor Jacob