About this group
- Hello Friends, I am looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday night as we continue our look into the book of Ruth! This week we will be in chapter 4 of Ruth: Redemption for the Broken, studying Ruth 2:14-23. This passage shows the practical outworking of the favor Ruth found in last week's lesson. Through the narrator's story of Boaz and Ruth we will see God's amazing love for us in Christ! Can't wait! Once again, here is a supplemental sermon from Alistair Begg's series on Ruth: Family Ties - Sermon - Truth For Life https://www.truthforlife.org/resources/sermon/family-ties/ Blessings, Dave
- Does anyone want any Rhubarb? I have tons of it. I can bring it to Bible Study if someone wants it.
- Good morning! What a blessing it was to worship our Lord with you all yesterday! We were able to celebrate Christ and His work by remembering His atoning death in Communion, & His regenerating power demonstrated in the Resurrection and displayed through the ordinance of Baptism. In this week's Wednesday night study on Ruth, we will look at lesson 3, Things Take a Turn. Please take a few minutes to read over the lesson, especially the short (5 minute) article, Love at First Sight. As an additional resource, here are links to two sermons by Alistair Begg on this portion of Ruth. Grace and Favor covers Ruth 2:1-3. Favor to the Humble covers Ruth 2:4-13. Enjoy! Grace and Favor - Sermon - Truth For Life https://www.truthforlife.org/resources/sermon/grace-and-favor/ Favor to the Humble - Sermon - Truth For Life https://www.truthforlife.org/resources/sermon/favor-to-the-humble/ Blessings, DaveFavor To The Humble - Truth For LifeSometimes we’re called to step out in faith, not knowing the destination or the outcome. Ruth literally had to step out in faith as she went to the barley fields seeking someone in whose eyes she could find favor. As she proceeds in a seemingly random direction, God is actually ordering the events of Ruth’s life, leading her to work, food and a dramatically different future. Ruth had committed herself to the God of Israel, and she would soon discover that He was able to do immeasurably more than she could ever ask or imagine.www.truthforlife.org
- Joy Woods (Along with a couple others) is going to be baptized this Sunday (June 28) during the morning Service. We’d love to have anyone who has a connection with Joy ( or even if you don’t) to join us to witness this and share a meal at our home after... if you will be coming, an RSVP would be appreciated so I know how much food to prepare. Soli Deo Gloria!
- How wonderful! I’ll be there.
- What a "joyous" occasion! I would love to be there to celebrate but I have guests coming in that day so I will have to get back to Clark. I will be there for the baptism, just not the meal. Thank you for the invitation.
- Spirit filled union
- Good morning RGC! I was really blessed by our first look at the book of Ruth this past Wednesday. This week we will be going over lesson 2 in the book(Ruth; Redemption for the Broken). If you missed out this past week, this is a super easy study to jump into midstream. Come join us at Don and Mary's this coming Wednesday night at 6:30 pm. Last week I mentioned a sermon series by Alistair Begg on the book of Ruth. This is a great supplement to our study. Here is a link to the second sermon in the series, titled God of the Ordinary. God of the Ordinary - Sermon - Truth For Life https://www.truthforlife.org/resources/sermon/god-of-the-ordinary/ Hope to see you on Wednesday! Blessings, DaveGod Of the Ordinary - Truth For LifeMuch of life is routine. We go to work, come home, eat, rest and start all over again the next day. At times we may struggle to find meaning in the humdrum of life. In this passage from the book of Ruth, we see how God providentially guides and provides in what may outwardly appear to be inconsequential moments. What we learn is that God does some of His most extraordinary work through the most ordinary events and people.www.truthforlife.org
- A few photo of our formation service Sunday June 14th.