Faithlife Groups 101
General • Bellingham, WA • 4 members • 383 followers
About this group
Learn how to use Faithlife Groups! Try new features, ask questions, and get help with your own group.Follow
- how do you print a hard copy of newsletter from Faithlife?
- For me, typing the newsletter in another format for printing and then uploading it for electronic viewing takes away the convenience and purpose of having the newsletter option in Faithlife. It would be nice if it was exportable to a word document or PDF that was formatted for printing.
- Very true! We should not have to create it twice.
- Thank you for your responses!
- How do I create a Faithlife group for my church? I have not found any instructions on how it is done.
- Hi Warren Musselman, there are some instructions here: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000510471 If that is not enough, you can check this page for contact phone numbers, etc.: https://faithlife.com/church-support-center
- You're welcome!
- Hi everyone. I have added many links to the Recommended Links sidebar on my group page over the last year. I want to reorganize it yet it seems the only way to do that is to delete the whole thing and start over. Or, to manually cut and paste each URL and Description to an already existing link spot which erases that link. Neither method is productive. Is there anyway to rearrange the order in which the links appear? Suggestions Matt Mattox (Faithlife)
- I heard back from a Customer Success Manager in regards to my above question. He stated "Unfortunately, there isn't, it looks like we save the recommended link you first added and each time you add a link it goes to the bottom without giving the user the ability to drag and drop. I'll make a case, but you may have to wipe it and start over if you want the links in a different order." Thought I would share that with everyone.
- My church is setting up a "test" main faithlife group. I have a live faithlife group that has been going for approx 2 yrs. If I join them as part of the test (Ie become part of their pilot testsite) as a subgroup, when they delete their main group would my subgroup cease to exist? Or would the relational link just be severed and my group continue in a solo basis?
- It should just sever the ties as a sub group and make it a stand a lone group. Although, if they delete the main church group that you've had for 2 years. You'll lose all previous data within the group. ( I don't recommend deleting the main group)
- We shared the gospel of Jesus amidst these tough times on a podcast entry to an international podcast competition. We are currently 64th out of 1777 and we would really love for the good news of Jesus to win and be broadcast and heard by hundreds of thousands if not millions.... please click and vote > myrodecast.com/listen/entry/2470Now for some good news | My RØDE Cast | RØDE Microphonesmyrodecast.com
- Is there a way to publish a bulletin without creating a post?
- Is there a reason I can't leave one of my groups? It always says I "failed to leave the group".
- I don't see Directory. I am the admin of another group and I have an admin section. But I just followed this other group at one time. Now I can't leave it.
- Where do I find the sidebar on the faithlife app? I can get to it in settings, but where would a member go to see the prayer request & Bible readings?
- You can get to those things on the app, but not nearly as easy or intuitive as with the sidebar in a browser. For prayers, go to your church group, click the "hamburger" menu on the upper left and you will see "Prayers" under "Activity". For reading plans, go to that same "hamburger" menu, and go to "Logos Documents" under Bible Study (don't try the Reading Plans tab as that is not functional yet). Your Prayer list should also show up there.
- I agree that it is not easy! One thing I don't like about Faithlife Groups is everything gets "posted" from calendar activity to prayer requests. In my opinion this dilutes content posted. We are developing practices to make our groups more content orientated. I would like to see an update for the sidebar in the app.
- Greetings! We have a new FL group for our church and I'm preparing to invite our people. How do I make a good case to encourage people to become members of the group? I looked for ready promotional materials to roll out to the congregation, but didn't find any. TIA.
- Hello Lew Worthington You could possibly use these articles to help show the value of joining your church group. Here's an article that talks about the communication benefits: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036904912-Communicate-with-your-congregation As well as using the mobile apps to be able to still connect on the go: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030470032-Get-Started-with-the-Faithlife-Mobile-App
- It's good info (but most of which I already knew :) ), but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I've got stuff set up, but now that I've invited people in our church, I'm struggling with a strategy for getting big buy-in from our invitees. I mean, if I would get an invitation, I'd probably delete it because I don't need to keep track of another password, etc.
- Good day everyone. I want to add a few RSS Feeds to my Faithlife group. I see RSS Feeds in the Activity Feed Sidebar and where to click and drag it over. Once dragged over, how do I figure out the URL for the RSS Feed I want to put in? I tried what I thought was the URL with no success. Does it need to route through a RSS Feed program?