About this group
- When You Come TogetherWHEN YOU COME TOGETHER I am ready for the confinement to end. I am ready for the seclusion to be over. I am ready, most of all, to come together with the church. YOU COME TOGETHER Togetherness Is an Essential Component 1 Corinthians 11:17ff began Paul’s instructions on how to observe the Lord’s Supper…sermons.faithlife.com
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TzaBcVK6og&t=48s This is the sermon and Lord's Supper from Sunday. If you have any needs or pray requests reach out to your elders or ministers.Sunday Worship 3-22-2020 (Full Sermon and Lord's Supper)www.youtube.com
- IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR THE LORDWe are thankful God has brought us through thus far and, we trust, will continue to bless us on our journeys despite how difficult the road may be. Psalm 120-134 is a special grouping of Psalms which the Israelites sung when they were journeying up to Jerusalem. These Psalms were called “the Song of…sermons.faithlife.com
- On Sunday we will have multiple ways for you to watch the worship service. 1. Facebook Live will be used as normal 2. We will also be streaming from YouTube as well. This page will take you to the YouTube channel where the live streams will be posted. https://lomaxchurch.com/videos Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWJywxsYpFVPfAph4sD6oDw…) We hope this allows most everyone to be able to worship with one another even though we cannot be together.
- While we are practicing social distancing and staying safe, Maegan and I still want to stay connected with our kids during this stressful and confusing time. So until we are back together again, here is our new schedule of youth events: Every Sunday and Wednesday, I will be putting out devotionals for our teens. On Mondays, I will be putting out a fun children's lesson for our younger groups. We hope you will be making plans to tune in! You can find these lessons on the Lomax Youth group Facebook page and Instagram page!
- AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR WORSHIP SERVICES GIVEN THE CURRENT DISTRESS God’s providence will take us places we never imagined. I am excited to see the good God will bring about through the coronavirus. Currently, we may only see the disruption. In the future, I hope we are able to look back and count God’s blessings. It is important for us to focus on the longterm to best see God’s blessings. As of now, the elders and I have agreed that it would best to cancel all group activities of the Lomax church of Christ. This includes the youth activities, Bible studies on Wednesday morning, Wednesday night, and Sunday morning. We have also canceled our Sunday afternoon worship services. We have made this decision because we are looking forward to a long future together for God's glory. The only activities that will occur on the facilities of the Lomax church of Christ are baptisms and necessary benevolence works. We will still have the food program for our counties kids this Friday and the regular “Food for Friends” food program on this Thursday. This Sunday will have a smaller gathering for worship at 10 AM on Sunday which will be live streamed on Facebook and YouTube. Those who do come to this assembly will dispersed across our auditorium and lobby. We look forward to being “together” on Facebook and youtube. We are thankful for God providentially blessing us with these avenues of togetherness to fulfill his commands to assemble before we had to be separated for a time because of this coronavirus. We also want to be sure to continue our financial support of the church while we are separated. Those with more years and prior health issues need to stay home. We want to be with you, but it is necessary to be away from you for a while so we can be together longer. We want you to stay home because we love you and want to see you serving God for many years. We do not like this arrangement. We feel this is necessary for the current distress. Our unhappiness with what we must do demonstrates our love for our church family. Going forward we need you to make the most of the Facebook live Bible studies, attend our “virtual worship service” and pray. Please attend our virtual worship service and be prepared to have the Lord’s Supper at home. Please share this with those who may not be on Facebook. On behalf of the elders and ministers, Donnie
- It was great to see you all tonight! We are excited about our Youth Rally this Saturday