Discussion Topic • Bellingham, WA • 1 member • 29 followers
About this group
A group for users of Logos Bible Software to discuss the Docs tool.Follow
- Welcome! This is a group for Logos Bible Software users to discuss the Docs tool: get help, share tips, make suggestions, share documents, etc.
- Opening Documents causes the items in the document menu to appear and disappear constantly, and will not allow me to choose a document or sermon from the titles. I am using Logos 10 and this happened on Logos 9 as well. It does this as long as the update arrows are spinning. How do I reduce the time it takes for this item to update. It will start and stop. Even when there is nothing to update it does this.
- Whenever I download a workflow document, it only shows me the title, no actuaal document or template of any sort comes up. What's going on?
- I have had constant trouble and discouragement around not being able to create a reading plan. Every time I try to generate a plan.. which I have been doing for years, now all of a sudden started erroring and shutting down logos
- I've seen other reports of similar problems- see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/211678.aspx - are you running on a Mac?
- Recently I used Sermon Manger to import my sermon schedule for next year from a CSV (love that feature, BTW). Now when I click on documents in L10 (it did the same in L9 too), it shows all of the sermon docs that were created for next year's preaching calendar. Is there a way to sort my sermon docs by the date preached or is it only by the last date modified? I know I can use Sermon Manager to open the next doc, but I would like to be able to sort my docs from the Documents menu too.
- For the last couple of days, I have only gotten a spinning circle icon when I've opened the Doc menu. Is there a known bug with this feature? Or is it just me? If it is just me, what can I do to troubleshoot this and restore the ability to open my documents in Logos? This problem only occurs with the "Yours" scope setting. The Groups and Public scoped options seem to work fine.
- I'm not aware of any problems with this menu. It's certainly working for me. For this type of problem, you'll probably get a helpful response if you post a message in our Community Forums: https://community.logos.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=155 Fellow-users there are likely to ask you for logs. Here's how you do that: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027869132-How-to-Enable-and-Submit-Log-Files
- Yesterday when I was facing a deadline for preparing a passage list I wanted to share in a meeting that was looming, the circle just spun and spun without ever showing me the docs. This morning, after the meeting and when I have no pressing deadline, the documents are listed normally. Cest la vie. I wonder if this is some sort of indexing issue or something that is periodic. If it happens again, I'll follow your guidance for seeking help using the links above.
- This was solved by contacting tech support at FaithLife not long after I posted this. They recommended deleting the contents of a folder where my personal documents (or maybe just the index for them) were stored. Once the system re-synced up the data, everything started working again normally. I have not had any problems since.
- Hey, maybe this was asked already. A) Is there a way to sort the documents list by date preached/being preached? REALLY helpful if i'm pre-planning a lot of sermons at once, and want to go down the list. B) If not - how can we put a feature request on your radar?
- Where do I find Notebooks examples?
- when converting from wordsearch to logos, where do my documents (sermon files) show up?
- Does the discussion at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/199562.aspx help with this?
- no...i have followed the steps, but i am not finding my document on the logos
- Sorry - I was referring to this statement: "User Books, Sermons and Illustrations, and other Wordsearch document types We are still deciding how to handle these document types. Your feedback on which document types are the most important for us to focus next is appreciated." This probably explains why your sermon documents are not currently visible in Logos.
- I desperately need to restore a Notebook that I accidentally deleted. Thanks in advance. https://faithlife.com/posts/3562935 DaveLogos Bible Software - FaithlifeHelp! I Need to Restore a Logos Notebook that I accidentally deleted. Is there a way to restore a deleted Notebook? I just lost about 50 documents I had created in the notebook. Very frustrating. There were recent highlighted verses showing up in my notebook, so I selected one of the highlights and clicked the 3-dots next to New Note and clicked delete and my entire notebook deleted. Please let me know if there is a way this can be restored. If not, then I don't have any future need of Logos and will go back to taking notes in Pages. Surely it is in a backup or something? Desperate, Davefaithlife.com