Church • 50 members • 1 follower
- Worry is our natural instinct because we sense our powerlessness amidst various uncertainties. But if God can take care of our souls, which is the most important, can He not take care of our needs? We need to focus on God’s ability to take care of us totally instead of worrying.
- Bong Baylon published a newsletterReadThe LIFE Group Journey Part 1How to be a successful LIFE GroupThe Beginning Stage
To be successful, a LIFE Group should go through the following stages.
It's not always linear. There is often movement back and forth, depending on the situation. But, generally speaking, this is how a LIFE Group should develop over time. If it is done well, through the help of the Holy Spirit and the word of God, the members of the LIFE Group will experience real life in Christ together with each other.
The beginning stage is called Clarification. This stage is crucial because it will affect how the group will develop over time. It sets the foundation and direction for the whole group.
The whole group must discuss the following as they begin. It may take a few meetings, but don't skip any of these items.
- The purpose of the group (i.e. its mission)
- The goal of the group (i.e. its mark of success)
- How the group will accomplish its purpose and goal (i.e. its methods)
- What will hold the group together during the journey (i.e. its motivations)
- One of the keys to spiritual maturity is to distinguish your will from your emotions. You can control your will but not your emotions. You cannot will your emotions either to stop or to continue. It is controlled largely by your thoughts. But in Christ your will has been redeemed. You can now say Yes to God and No to everything that is not of God. Of course, it may take some time to train your will to make the right choices, but it’s now possible through Christ. Saying Yes to God’s will for you will not stop your emotions, especially if you’re hurting or sad. But by trusting God and choosing His will for you, in spite of your emotions, you will be on your way to becoming more mature. Don’t depend on your emotions to decide for you. Decide based on God’s will and trust Him regardless of your emotions.
- What sustains us is not just food or drink, important as they are. It is God’s purpose for us that keeps us alive to fulfill His will. Apart from God we are nothing and we can do nothing. We are fully dependent on Him. We need His grace to do anything in this world.
- Even though God is not time bound, He values time especially in behalf of mankind. So He created time for us. We should be grateful and faithful. Time creates memories as well as significant moments that we can remember and cherish. It also challenges us to be wise.
- Lord, teach me to depend on you always, to put my hope in you and not on anyone else. Help me to remember that people can only do so much, but in the end only You can deliver me. Stability and strength come from you. Without You I can do nothing. With You nothing is impossible.
- If you’re afraid or anxious, remember God’s faithfulness. His unfailing love will never be shaken. His covenant to you will not be removed. Trust Him with all your heart. Cast all your fears to Him, and let Him calm your heart. He cares for you always.
- Face the new day with faith. God has prepared some good works for you to do. Trust Him as He leads you to various divine appointments. He will guide you and speak to you as He sees fit, and He will enable you by His Holy Spirit to minister to people’s needs. Trust Him.
- God forgives, redeems and restores especially in times of sin and failure. He heals and makes new when all seems lost. When others would love to judge and blame, God calls to renew and refocus. God is so much better than everyone else who claim to represent Him.
- Choose to be beautiful on the inside. That kind of beauty will never fade away, because it does not depend on something temporary like physical beauty. When you’re beautiful inside, age and time will never diminish it.