About this group
"Loving God by Serving People & Serving People by Loving God"Follow
- Don't forget to start reading: your advent devotionals Today! I know it can be tough to carve out a time each day to read. But I want to challenge you to commit yourself to finding a time that works best and to stick to it. My hope is that this brings families together once a day to take time to consider the mysteries and wonder which arise as we consider the incarnation of Jesus.
- Mary asked me to share an update on her daughter Amy. Amy’s respiratory therapist lowered her from 60 litters of oxygen to litters 20 which is an improvement. She is not out of the woods yet. It is super important that she is able to sleep she asked “Pray the CPAP goes well tonight and I can rest!” So keep praying for Amy.
Please pray.Please Pray For Tony and Mary Briggs Daughter Amy Legg. She was hospitalized yesterday and is being life flighted to a hospital in Vancouver.
- You may have noticed I shared a post on Facebook about our upcoming Christmas devotional: "Waiting on the Word: A poem a day for Advent, Christmas and Epiphany" by British Poet Malcom Guite I would invite you to go on and share this post! But not only share the post I would encourage you to invite people to join us as we walk through this series together! If you want a copy for someone just ask we have a bunch. We are hoping that families will people able to read through this together as the celebrate the birth of our Savior! We had a ton of success getting new people to attend our series on "Delighting in the Trinity." Together let's keep building on that momentum!
- We have two potluck funerals coming up. The first is for Marie Parnell on Saturday November 20 and the second one is for Sally Whannell on Tuesday the 23rd! If you could bring a dish to either or both it would be greatly apprecIated.
- Hi everyone! Isaac and Alexis Galloway (he used to be the pastor at the First Church of God) have been hit hard with Covid. They have 4 small kiddos and they are struggling with meal time. I’m putting together a meal train. If you would be willing to prepare a meal for them, I’m willing to pick up and drop off. Please let me know if you are willing to help.
Please pray.Bonnie Vance was taken by ambulance to the hospital today. Not sure why. Please keep her in your prayers
- FREE BOOK! Super neat you all have access to logos and Logos gives out a free book every month, Check out the free book this month, what are the odds? https://www.logos.com/product/30811/making-sense-of-the-trinity-three-crucial-questionsMaking Sense of the Trinity: Three Crucial Questions (Three Crucial Questions)In Making Sense of the Trinity: Three Crucial Questions, Millard J. Erickson demonstrates the biblical foundation, logic, and importance of the Trinity as he answers three questions: Is the doctrine of the Trinity biblical? Does the doctrine of the Trinity make sense? Does the doctrine of the Trinity make any difference?www.logos.com
- Sally Whannel had had a stroke. Please pray for her and for Bob.