Discussion Topic • Bellingham, WA • 100 members • 50 followers
About this group
A group for users of Logos Bible Software to discuss Clippings.Follow
- Has a way been developed to add clippings from non-logos sources? Any possibility that is coming in the future?
- John Smith, it's definitely something we'd like to do at some point. You can vote for it here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/clippings-from-external-resources. cc: Mark Barnes (Faithlife)
- We need a faster way to rearrange clippings. For example, if you add a clipping to the end of a long list, then try to drag it to the top, it can take minutes of super-slow scrolling to get it up there. If anyone knows of a faster way to do this, please let me know. Otherwise, I would like to request some feature that makes it faster to rearrange the clippings in long lists.
- I notice a hyperlink icon in the clippings menu. Is there any practical application training associated. p.s. Ain't no Ham like BellingHam!
- What would be useful here, is the capacity to add a clipping from a source other than in our own Logos library - from a website, etc.
- After 24,000 notes, 15-20 thousand notebooks. I found a simple solution. Clippings for all other authors, books, lexicons, dicionary's etc. For my personal work, I make notes. I deleted 24,000 notes, and note books. Documents I create, notes. All other data. clippings. It has been a wonder experiment...........
- Is this group still active?
- "Why has Yahweh caused us to be beaten by the Philistines today?"The elders of Israel say a good thing: "Why has Yahweh caused us to be beaten by the Philistines today?". But, they don't appear to have "waited upon the LORD" for a suitable response. Instead, their next move appears rash and unsuitable. They propose to use the sacred Ark of the Covenant in a way for which it was never intended. They propose to use the Ark of the Covenant to influence their outcome on the battlefield. But, Almighty God cannot be manipulated and there were consequences. Note: The ark had gone into battle before. The ark went in front of the marchers around the city of Jericho (Joshua 6:2–11). But then, the LORD had commanded it via Joshua and the people had obeyed.
- When the troops retired to the camp, the elders of Israel said, “Why has the LORD permitted us to be defeated today by the Philistines? Let us fetch the ark of the LORD from Shiloh that it may go into battle among us and save us from the grasp of our enemies.” - 1 Samuel 4:3
- Job-Praying for his familyJob is an example of a man who gave himself greatly in prayerful action on behalf of his family. You may not find an English word here with a root like "pray" in your edition of the Book of Job but Job's multiple actions on behalf of his family are described.
- Pride and JudgementIt seems that proud people are prone to flatter and prone to judge. Absalom was stealing the hearts and loyalty of the people that had previously been directed towards King David and re-directing it towards himself.2 Samuel 15:2New American Bible: Revised EditionMoreover, Absalom used to rise early and stand alongside the road leading to the gate. If someone had a lawsuit to be decided by the king, Absalom would call to him and say, “From what city are you?” And when he replied, “Your servant is of such and such a tribe of Israel,”
- Josh Moore has joined the group.