Logos Sentence Diagrams
Discussion Topic • Bellingham, WA • 138 members • 132 followers
About this group
A group for users of Logos Bible Software to discuss Sentence Diagrams.Follow
- So, I see this forum doesn't get much action... not enough people diagramming? At any rate, here is my question: In the Sentence Diagramming tool on macOS Monterey using Logos 9.10.0.0017, I get two very strange behaviors. 1) I can only go so far and then the canvas stops. I have to drag items outside of the canvas for the canvas to extend, and then it only extends to the bottom of the text. 2) I cannot scroll to the left or right, so pages on the right-hand column are truncated. If I drag a diagram partly off of the screen and then hit print, I can see the whole diagram on the page properly displayed. I don't dare leave it like that because I couldn't access that part of the diagram by any means. I suppose those are my two conundrums and I'm not sure if it's my system, a setting I am unaware of, or if it's just a bug in the feature on Mac. Thanks for any help that might be forthcoming!!!
- Regarding your second image, I believe this is normal behavior. The canvas only seems to extend when moving something "off screen." I'm using Windows 10 and have the same "issue." I'm not sure about the left/right scrolling issue. Same thing, though - there won't be any space to scroll to unless you move something "off screen" to extend the canvas size. But once you do so, you should see a horizontal scroll bar appear at the bottom of the canvas. I have to click and drag the bar to scroll horizontally.
- When I attempt to print the Sentence Diagram doc Logos shuts down. What is wrong?
- I have no problem on a PC laptop Win 11. What operating system are you on? Do other apps print correctly on the same printer?
- I would LOVE to see an actual Reed-Kellogg format added to the sentence diagramming module. I'm most familiar with this style and not the style that Logos has in place.
- Logos has some Reed-Kellogg style, but it is not complete. One example I frequently need is a double-sided conjunction (both left and right together). Also, having a background grid option and allowing preset defaults (such as font style/size, etc.) would help me use this tool better.
- Yes, that would be nice. I would like to see an "English" style module that allows for the words to be placed sideways on their modifier shelves. I guess it's just the style I'm used to.
- Is anyone aware of a way to link your sentence diagram to a notebook within logos? I am prepping a paper and would like to have all my work in one notebook, or at least linked to one place. Any thoughts?
- Hy, You can try at list two ways : 1 - create a link in a note to your diagram (Use "Copy Location as") 2 - create an image of your diagram and paste it in your note (1) Copy Location as — This option is available outside of the Panel menu through the shortcut key combination Opt+Cmd+F (Mac) or Ctrl+Alt+C (Windows). The current location based on the active milestone will automatically copy to the computer’s clipboard in one of the following formats: • URL — An address, suitable for inputting as a hyperlink target in a word processing document, email message, or web page. Logos Help. (2018). Bellingham, WA: Faithlife. (2) How to create an image Right Click on your diagram/Select All Right Click on your diagram/Copy image Friendly Alain (France)
- You could also create a Favorites folder to house all your work - including sentence diagrams, notes, clippings, layouts, etc. Here is a Logos video on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDpE0MyyLLI
- Logos 9 is consistently crashing on macOS Big Sur when I open and scroll through sentence diagrams, specifically this one: "RK Galatians 4:8-5:1 by Terry Cook". I've posted about this on the community forum and am getting some help there, I believe. Has anyone else experienced this? Logos 9.0.0.0181 on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
- What is the difference between the simple modifier and the partial modifier in the logos system for diagramming? The book on Diagrammatical Analysis I have on Logos does not mention the partial modifier but uses it everywhere. I can't find any example where they use the symbol for a simple modifier.
- I have been trying to download a file from Groups but it never transfers over to my docs. When I go to Public and download it transfers to my Doc just fine. What do I need to do to transfer from Group heading?
- Does anyone has an English or Greek Kellogg diagram of John 3:7?
- Logos recently released Randy Leedy's diagrams for both SBLGNT (https://www.logos.com/product/197488/greek-new-testament-sentence-diagrams-sbl-edition) and NA28 (https://www.logos.com/product/189626/greek-new-testament-sentence-diagrams-na28-edition). His diagrams are very helpful.Greek New Testament Sentence Diagrams, NA28 EditionThe Greek New Testament Sentence Diagrams by Randy Leedy provide a comprehensive set of sentence diagrams for the entire Greek New Testament, based on the text of the NA28. Sentence diagramming is a practical and effective means of visualizing the structure of individual clauses and sentences. They make it possible to easily see grammatical relationships between the individual words and phrases, as an aid to understanding how they function in context. These diagrams are especially beneficial for students and pastors studying complex and lengthy sentences in the Greek New Testament—of which there are plenty!www.logos.com
sentence diagrams on Ephesians 1:4
kindly anybody can help me i need sentence diagrams on Ephesians 1:4
- It makes better sense to see the entire sentence (verses 3-6 ESV): Ephesians 1:3–6(ESV) 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
- Sorry, it ruined my formatting when I posted.
- Anyone know how to share a diagram out of logos?