Logos Sentence Diagrams
Discussion Topic • Bellingham, WA • 138 members • 109 followers
About this group
A group for users of Logos Bible Software to discuss Sentence Diagrams.Follow
- Logos 9 is consistently crashing on macOS Big Sur when I open and scroll through sentence diagrams, specifically this one: "RK Galatians 4:8-5:1 by Terry Cook". I've posted about this on the community forum and am getting some help there, I believe. Has anyone else experienced this? Logos 9.0.0.0181 on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
- What is the difference between the simple modifier and the partial modifier in the logos system for diagramming? The book on Diagrammatical Analysis I have on Logos does not mention the partial modifier but uses it everywhere. I can't find any example where they use the symbol for a simple modifier.
- I have been trying to download a file from Groups but it never transfers over to my docs. When I go to Public and download it transfers to my Doc just fine. What do I need to do to transfer from Group heading?
- Does anyone has an English or Greek Kellogg diagram of John 3:7?
sentence diagrams on Ephesians 1:4
kindly anybody can help me i need sentence diagrams on Ephesians 1:4
- It makes better sense to see the entire sentence (verses 3-6 ESV): Ephesians 1:3–6(ESV) 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
- Sorry, it ruined my formatting when I posted.
- Anyone know how to share a diagram out of logos?
- I'm just curious if any kind of update is in process to the Sentence Diagramming module? I've diagrammed all of Ephesians and 1 John. I'm beginning Luke. But some things just take more time than they ought. Some objects have two few anchor points. Some standard shapes don't exist. Has there been any movement here?
- Hi Lynn, the diagrams are in Greek.
- There is a Sentence Diagram add-on module in Logos where you can diagram any version including English. It does have some limitations which is why I agreed with Michael's suggestion of an update. I've been copying a chapter at a time into my word processor and doing the sentence diagramming in there. It is an extremely beneficial process that I have been teaching to others. It has been well-received. I would share one here but when I click on "Add Media" it says that kind of media is not supported and I tried both pdf and Pages formats. I could email it to anyone interested.
- Rita, thank you so much for sharing this. I agree that diagramming is extremely beneficial. I am beginning to teach Bible study methods again after some years, and still find this the most fruitful approach for me. If you wouldn't mind emailing me a sample I'd sure appreciate it: email@example.com Also, is there a way to easily print 'manuscript' pages (double-spaced) in English (a manuscript study is something Intervarsity Christian Fellowship has used on college campuses for decades and is also a good method). I have been combining diagramming and manuscript method but it is very time-consuming and I'm looking for ways to simplify it so that it is more accessible for others.
- Ok, so the way I learned sentence line diagramming is that when you combine two clauses, whether independent or subordinate using a conjunction (and, but, as, etc), you use a "chair" to connect verb to verb with the conjunction on the "seat" (see image). Logos has a shape that corresponds ("vertical continuation"), but here's the problem. It only has an anchor on one side. So, therefore, it doesn't "snap" to the sentence line that follows. This isn't a huge problem, unless I have to move that whole portion of the tree. Is there something I am missing in using the line diagramming tool or that shape in particular?
- I am appreciative of the diagrams Terry Cook has labored to share, but I haven't figured out how ot import in my LOGOS 6. I downloaded, unzipped, found the folder in my hard drive where sentence diagrams are supposed to be, and put them there. From inside LOGOS, I typed "Import Sentence Diagrams" in the Command line. It seems to acknowledge this command is valid, but nothing happens. What am I missing? Thanks!
- For Terry Cook's diagrams suggest copying shared documents: https://faithlife.com/logos-sentence-diagrams/documents FYI: Importing Sentence Diagrams uses a Libronix folder path so documents can be copied into Logos 4 or newer.
- How can I get this document? Thank you.
- When I click on a link to a sentence diagram in Documents all I get is a blank page. I am doing this from windows 10 in edge explorer surface pro 4. I do not see any sentence diagrams. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or is there a general way I should be accessing the sentence diagrams. I am very excited to see the diagrams. Thanks I Think that I just figured it out. After clicking on "Get copy" to the right of the reference I looked in my documents in logos 7 and the diagrams were listed in the sentence diagram tab in the documents tab. This is a tremendous service. Thanks very much.
- Thanks very much, Keep Smiling 4 Jesus! I am now enjoying the sentence diagrams, more easily than I had hoped.
- I also cannot find the documents, could you please share to us again? thanks a lot
- Chris, I was able to open my Sentence Diagram documents by clicking on "Docs" at the top of my Logos 8 window and selecting the option "Yours" to the right of the search window. It then listed all of my document types. I then click on 'Sentence Diagrams' and it shows me all of my diagrams which I can open by clicking on them. If instead of clicking on 'Yours' above, 'Public' is selected, then I see everyone who shared theirs. If I try to open it I get a blank page. I can then select 'get copy' and it puts a copy into my documents. Then I go back and select 'yours' and it is in my list and able to be opened/viewed.