About this group
Love the Lord. Make Disciples. Plant Churches. By His Grace. For His Glory.Follow
- Hey everyone! I have had quite a few questions about the plan for tonight so I am going to let y’all know what we have planned and then if you have any questions, please let me know. Thank y’all all so much for your willingness to serve this week and continuing to serve by cleaning it all up tonight! So we will start dinner at 5 (but if you cannot come till later that’s fine too). We will plan to eat until about 6ish and then we will start cleaning up the food. We are going to eat all the leftovers from the week so there will be chicken Alfredo, taco salad, nachos, and spaghetti along with bread, cookies, watermelon and Rice Krispies. (We aren’t going to eat the jambalaya and we are saving that for the members meeting on Aug 1. Marylynn is freezing it. We have plenty of other leftovers). As people finish eating, everyone will start working on cards to follow up with everyone who attended VBS. We will divide into the groups you served with and then divide the names and conquer. As cards and food are finishing up, we will begin resetting and cleaning the church. There will be a white board in the foyer with all of the tasks that must be completed. I will attach a photo. Please just go to that board and pick a task and begin. If you need something or have a question about it, please let me know. When you finish a task, use the marker and mark it off the board. Side note: as we are cleaning rooms. It would probably be wise to clean the floors first before you refill and reset. That means the list does not have to be done in the specific order that it is written. For example: in the sanctuary it would be wise to vacuum, before all the chairs get put back in place. If you have any questions about anything at all while we are working, just let me know. Thank you again for all y’all have done and are doing.
- Don’t forget about follow up Friday tomorrow at 5:30pm!!! We will need help cleaning, disinfecting, and resetting the church. Thank you to all the leaders who helped this week!! ☺️
- This is actually the list of everything we have to do tomorrow in addition to writing notes to everyone. Please don’t skip out on this part. We have a bunch of yummy leftovers to enjoy too 🙂
- Thank you to our wonderful VBS team that rocked it this week. It all went so smoothly.
- T-Shirt update! The company re-printed all of the shirts and shipped them out today, they should come in by Saturday so you can pick yours up Sunday! The new shirts will be blue. You can also have one of the grey ones because we don’t have to send them back but just know the front is a little crooked.
- I wanted to share this because it encouraged and convicted my heart so much this morning. Children are such a blessing of the Lord! All summer, Merida and Ray have been saving up spending money for our Disney trip in September. This morning when Merida woke up, the first thing she did was go straight to her money jar, and start pulling out bills and change. She asked me for a Ziploc bag, and then she wrote Timor Leste on it and said “fun isn’t more important than people”. I swear I’ve never been more proud in my life. Thank you Taylor, Gray, and Julio for teaching our children this week, and showing them they can be obedient to the Great Commission even as kids ❤️
- I am beginning the planning process for our Fall community groups. They will begin the week of August 22nd. If you are interested in hosting a community group this fall, please let us know on the quick interest form below. Please note that not all who show interest will necessarily get to host this fall. We try to offer groups strategically throughout the surrounding areas.Hosting Community Group Interest FormIf you are willing and able to host a community group at your house this fall, please fill out the form below. Community groups will begin the week of August 22nd. Please note that filling out this form does not guarantee that a group will be hosted at your house this semester. We try to offer groups strategically throughout the surrounding areas.docs.google.com
- Going to VBS is hard work 😳😂
- In light of one positive COVID-19 case, our church will be following the St. Charles Parish School System procedures and closing the youth class(6th-12th grade). No youth or youth leader should attend VBS for the rest of the week and follow necessary quarantine procedures. The other classes will continue as normal. If you are a leader in another area and are uncomfortable serving at VBS please let Ashley Cotton know ASAP so that we can make accommodations. Thank you, VBS Planning Team
- Anyone know of someone who could clean mildew from our newly installed subfloor, install insulation and put up a moisture barrier?
- Mark 4:21-25Introduction: If you have your Bibles let me invite you to open with me to the book of Mark chapter 4. The Gospel of Mark introduces us to the person of Jesus with these words. 1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The book begins with a truth claim about the identity of Jesus…sermons.faithlife.com