Free Books Group
New followers: this pinned post should be very helpful to read. This group is for sharing free books, coupons, and other 100% off deals from Faithlife Ebooks, Logos Bible Software, Verbum, Lexham Press, and Noet books.
IMPORTANT TIP: DON'T MISS a free deal! Set your notification preferences to "Immediately" for when "a post is made" in this group (download the Faithlife Groups app to get them on your phone).
GROUP RULES: Posts within this group that aren't FREE Faithlife Products or coupons are subject to deletion. Please be courteous to those who receive instant notifications when posts in this group are posted. Repeat offenders be warned. :)
Please keep all your interactions on this group respectful and loving. This is not a group for general or personal criticism, sarcasm (hurtful), soapboxing, and making assumptions on other's motives or character. Followers that don't follow these guidelines will be blocked.
BIRTHDAY: Don't miss your $20 coupon for your birthday month! https://blog.logos.com/2015/02/are-you-missing-out-on-your-birthday-gift/
Looking to find an answer to a question about Logos? Follow the Logos User Support group:
Just want to share your knowledge on Logos or looking to become a power user? Check out the Faithlife Tips group:
Great deals you HAVE to share can be posted on this group (not free):
Free FICTION books have a separate group (to help limit the posts on this group):
Faithlife/Logos Books Resale:
POWERFUL FREE BOOK LINKS
Personal Books (User-Contributed): https://wiki.logos.com/user_contributed_personal_books
Classic Book Scans: https://books.logos.com
Themelios: https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=themelios&unlocked=no (Use the coupon code "THEMELIOS" -- it works with many editions)
Free Book Wiki Page: https://wiki.logos.com/Free_Logos_Books
New Members Tip: Check all these links to see if you have missed any books before posting old free books. If you have never checked before, chances are that they are older free books.
- Here's another free one yet again that just showed up on my page: The Structure of the Text of the Book of Hosea: TranslationThe Structure of the Text of the Book of Hosea: TranslationIn this book, influential language scholar William Rainey Harper organizes Hosea into logical units and analyzes their structure. Harper also attempts to identify later additions to Hosea in an effort to present the original intent of the author.www.logos.com
- This is a free resource that just came up on my page: Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition (Alternate Texts)Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition (Alternate Texts)The Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition offers multiple layers of linguistic information that reflect the complexity of Greek. Along with the morphology and lemma levels, this new edition offers two levels of interlinear translation: the lexical value, which is a concise definition as it would be found in a lexicon; and the English literal translation, a contextually sensitive gloss of the inflected form of the word.www.logos.com
- Lot's of MORE #FREE books just got listed for me: 1. https://www.logos.com/product/179993/genesis-1-11-a-new-old-translation-for-readers-scholars-and-translators-notes 2. https://www.logos.com/product/180181/a-short-guide-to-writing-research-papers-on-the-history-of-christianity 3. https://www.logos.com/product/180113/study-guide-for-introduction-to-the-history-of-christianity-with-cd-rom 4. https://www.logos.com/product/179915/on-christian-ethics-text 5. https://www.logos.com/product/179918/genesis-hebrew-text 6. https://www.logos.com/product/179923/numbers-hebrew-text 7. https://www.logos.com/product/179922/leviticus-hebrew-text 8. https://www.logos.com/product/179921/exodus-hebrew-text 9. https://www.logos.com/product/180132/the-letters-greek-text 10. https://www.logos.com/product/180156/an-exposition-of-the-on-the-hebdomads-of-boethius-latin-text 11. https://www.logos.com/product/180146/on-the-incarnation-text 12. https://www.logos.com/product/180169/on-pascha-with-the-fragments-of-melito-and-other-material-related-to-the-quartodecimans-text 13. https://www.logos.com/product/179924/deuteronomy-hebrew-text 14. https://www.logos.com/product/179930/a-commentary-on-exodus-commentary 15. https://www.logos.com/product/179928/a-commentary-on-1-and-2-chronicles-commentary 16. https://www.logos.com/product/179901/the-apocrypha-the-lutheran-edition-notes 16. https://www.logos.com/product/179935/a-commentary-on-the-psalms-volume-3-90-150-commentary 17. https://www.logos.com/product/179907/outside-the-bible-ancient-jewish-writings-related-to-scripture-volumes-1-3-translation 18. https://www.logos.com/product/179912/d-a-carson-sermon-library 19. https://www.logos.com/product/179919/genesis-njps-english-translation 20. https://www.logos.com/product/179920/genesis-ojps-english-translation * Plus, there may be more for you! Check here: https://www.logos.com/search?sortBy=PriceLow&limit=60&page=1&ownership=unowned
- Search for the Kregel Exegetical Commentaries (Ross, Merrill, etc.) and filter price low to high, and there are some AMAZING free commentaries (e.g. Exodus & 1-2 Chron)
- It seems that this was a computer error. When I went to search for them, they were not free. I have attached Logos' response.
- I wondered because some of them would show up with a cart button if you clicked on the links at the bottom showing which series or bundles they're associated with. Thanks for checking!
- A Commentary on Judges and Ruth: CommentaryThis definitive commentary sheds exegetical and theological light on the books of Judges and Ruth for contemporary preachers and students of Scripture. Listening closely to the text while interacting with the best scholarship, Robert B. Chisholm shows what the text meant for ancient Israel and what it means for us today. In addition to providing perceptive comments on the biblical text, he details a host of theological themes in both books. Discover in-depth treatments of motifs such as covenant...www.logos.com
- The Esther Scroll: The Story of the Story (Greek Appendix Translation)The book of Esther emerges from complex origins. According to David J. A. Clines, the story combines elements from numerous literary, textual, and storytelling traditions. Through the telling and retelling of the story, the book as it appears in the modern canon slowly emerges. In this volume, Clines uncovers this fascinating history by examining the literary and textual elements of the book, the shape of the story, and the shifts in meaning as new generations have retold the story and interpret...www.logos.com
- A Commentary on the Psalms 1–89, Volumes 1 & 2: CommentaryFor thousands of years, the book of Psalms has been one of God’s people’s richest resources for worship and the spiritual life. It’s also one of the most complex and challenging sections of the Bible for expositors. Pastors, teachers, and all serious students of the Bible will find this commentary invaluable for developing their understanding of the Psalms and for improving their ability to expound it with precision and depth. Allen P. Ross guides the reader through a detailed exegesis, proposes...www.logos.com
- These were listed #FREE for me today: 1. https://www.logos.com/product/169408/the-opentextorg-syntactically-analyzed-greek-new-testament-glossary 2. https://www.logos.com/product/156761/nothing-but-the-truth-upholding-the-gospel-in-a-doubting-age 3. https://www.logos.com/product/17616/the-gospel-according-to-thomas-in-coptic 4. https://www.logos.com/product/17624/the-gospel-according-to-thomas-in-greek 5. https://www.logos.com/product/17625/the-gospel-according-to-thomas-in-english 6. https://www.logos.com/product/17838/the-gospel-of-thomas-original-text-with-commentary
July's FREE Books Are Here!
#FREE Faithlife Book
Classic Christianity: Life’s Too Short to Miss the Real Thing
#FREE Verbum Book
Saint Augustine: On Genesis: Two Books on Genesis against the Manichees; and, on the Literal Interpretation of Genesis: An Unfinished Book
#FREE Logos Book
Paul, Apostle of God’s Glory in Christ: A Pauline Theology
#FREE For Faithlife Connect Subscribers (3 free books for subscribers only)
- Books missing from the Logos FBOTM page: https://www.logos.com/product/32340/paul-apostle-of-gods-glory-in-christ-a-pauline-theology https://www.logos.com/product/32337/jesus-paul-and-the-people-of-god-a-theological-dialogue-with-n-t-wright https://www.logos.com/product/2964/honor-patronage-kinship-and-purity
- Saint Augustine: On Genesis: Two Books on Genesis against the Manichees; and, on the Literal Interpretation of Genesis: An Unfinished BookAugustine’s Two Books on Genesis against the Manichees and On the Literal Interpretation of Genesis: An Unfinished Book represent the first two of five explanations of the beginning of the Book of Genesis that he undertook between 388 and 418. In the first, a commentary on Genesis 1–3, Augustine counters the ignorant and impious attacks against Scripture by the Manichees, with whom he was a “hearer” for nine years. The second would have been a hexaemeron, a commentary on the six days of creation, but, as Augustine admits, his inexperience in scriptural exegesis collapsed under the weight of the burden, “and before I finished one book, I gave up the labor that I could not sustain.” Although Augustine agrees that many things in Scripture may seem absurd to the unlearned, he holds that they can produce great pleasures once they have been explained. It was this tenet, realized in his spiritual rather than corporeal interpretation of Scripture, that led him to counter the impious...verbum.com