Organization • Bellingham, WA • 36 members • 53,529 followers
About this group
Join the Proclaim community to get product news and answers to your questions.
- New Video! Quick and easy tips for the Media BrowserEpisode 4: Media Browser in Faithlife ProclaimLearn all about Proclaim's media browser and how to use it.faithlifetv.com
- I am having issues with recording the sermon. After about 2-3 minutes it will stop recording. Any idea on what the problem maybe?
- Each ‘Item’ in a Proclaim presentation playlist can only have one background, is that right? For example, a Song cannot have multiple backgrounds or change backgrounds part-way through the song. Or, for content items, to change backgrounds, I need to create multiple content items, one for each background. Is that correct? If not, how can I have multiple backgrounds throughout a song or content item? Thanks, Arlin
- Hey Arlin Sandbulte You can add a foreground image and then expand the foreground image to fit the background to essentially have multiple backgrounds in a single song service item (see screenshot) For the content items, yes you'll want to add new content items as it'll give a better approach.
- I have an interesting problem that only happened when I upgraded to Mac Mojave. I use a Scarlett 2i2 to run audio from our Behringer X32 board to our mac. However, recently, I have noticed a couple of my recordings are all there (as far as time is concerned) but there is absolutely no audio whatsoever. I think the Mac is putting the Scarlett into sleep mode, but I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. I prevent the computer from ever sleeping, so I don't think this should be an issue. Anyone have any ideas as to how to keep this from happening? I am not used to checking the audio input to the computer because it always worked. Not so much anymore. :-) Any ideas?
- Jordan Sjodin I've already done that. I don't think this is a Proclaim problem. I'm sure it has to do with some setting somewhere in Mojave. I just can't seem to figure out what the issue would be. If it's as easy as unplugging and replugging the Scarlett each week, I'll just have to make that part of my morning routine. Now let's see if I can remember to do it. :-)
- I'm not the tech guy, but from time to time we've had the same experience and I believe we are on High Sierra. All I know is that the mac ends up recording from the internal mic. When this happens, it's as if the Scarlett isn't there. Now the media operator knows to always go into the audio settings of Proclaim to make sure the Scarlet is listed. If not, unplugging and replugging is needed. Currently, this is not an every week issue. It's very random. FWIW.
- Is there a way when you attach a foreground image to a slide and if someone edits the slides in which a slide is added or removed before the slide with the foreground image that the foreground image would remain with slide you added it too?
- Hey Greg Davidson You'd want to create a smart media template and add your text and make sure to select 'auto-fill with this text' (add a new text box rather then use the main content field as we don't auto populate the main content. This is on the last of things we want to improve though. Then add your foreground image with the text you want and save the smart media. From there you can pull that smart media you made from the media browser.
- 'Lost' Proclaim recording? We went offline yesterday and didn't complete the publishing of the sermon recording. Is there a way to recover it?
- I opened it there this morning... do i need to go on air again?
- can you please retrieve the audio recording file from our recent presentation 'be transformed' - proclaim did not shut down correctly and the recording is not available from the drop down menu.
- I had the same issue... maybe this will work for you too. Look on your hard drive for the audio... at least in Windows, here's where I found ours: C:\Users\chape\AppData\Local\Proclaim\Data\zvs5f31r.5jo\AudioRecordings\ Yours might be there in something very similar. I'm still looking for the video file, if there is one, of the merged slides and audio, but at least I know I can recreate it pretty easily.
- I had a missionary come to my church and at the last minute wanted his slideshow put up. It was saved as a ppt slideshow. I couldn't get it to add as an image slideshow on proclaim. I had to drag the whole box over so that it would pop up on the projector screen. Which looks really tacky. Does anyone have any tips on how to add these last minute slideshows that preachers are always giving the tech people to proclaim so that it looks a little more professional?
- Matt Mattox (Faithlife) - I assume that Destiny had a problem with this as the file was saved as a PPT slideshow (type .ppsx) which isn't supported as an option in the Proclaim PowerPoint import. Destiny Bolton - I've just experimented with this and you can quite easily save the slideshow file as a .pptx file which you can then import directly into Proclaim. Does that work for you?
- Ah yes my apologize, that changes things then. > save the slideshow file as a .pptx file which you can then import directly into Proclaim. Does that work for you That route is going to be a good option then as Graham mentioned.
- Hi Destiny Bolton, Matt Mattox (Faithlife), Graham Criddle, Philip Bassham Another issue that you may run across are fonts. Sometimes someone will create a pptx using fonts that the presenting does not have installed on it. If you run it by having Powerpoint take control it will choose fonts for you . . . which may or may not work well. Once you have the pptx file (if you have some time) review it. If not I would recommend converting the pptx to images (in PowerPoint File>Save As>(click the dropdown menu - first screenshot)>JPG File Interchange Format (*.jpg) This will allow you to save all of the slides as images and then upload them into an Image Slideshow. This has saved our bacon a few times as guest speakers came in at the last minute (After I had begged them to email their pptx to me) with a pptx on a flashdrive that used several really off the wall fonts. Unfortunately you will lose any animations they have built into the presentation but readable fonts make up for it.
- What tips or resources do you have for promoting Faithlife to our church community? We're currently an older congregation without a lot of tech users, but we stream services on Facebook each week with pretty good viewership outside our regular church. Since we're testing Proclaim for the next couple months, I'd like to promote its best features to those who may not be able to join us physically.
- I think I'm looking for ways to promote Faithlife in general, since in order to use the Proclaim advantages, users would have to create a Faithlife account. (I'm not looking for the tech advantages of Proclaim that you mentioned, as those are primarily internal and I'm looking for external.) And specifically, I'm wondering if there are prepared ads, bulletin inserts, info sheets, and the like. We're a small church (40-60 on a typical Sunday) with just me and a part-time assistant running things; anything we don't have to create ourselves is a big plus.
- Oh I thought I listed both Randy Ehle, but lacked in details. I apologize. The last paragraph I listed are key advantages from Faithlife. The digital bulletin is one of them which will auto create whenever you create a new presentation in Proclaim. You can then set it to auto publish. Another one is the Faithlife Calendar as you can sync your Google Calendar to your Faithlife Calendar that way you don't have to add your events in twice. Members can RSVP and gather info on the specified date as well. The best part is your church group where a lot of your communication can take place. Add post, bulletins, newsletters, events etc. You can create multiple Faithlife Groups, but the main one is the Church Group. Faithlife Bulletins: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007376051-Faithlife-Bulletins Faithlife Newsletters: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007373991-Faithlife-Newsletters You can also create reading plans, prayer request, group discussions, group chats. Have you created a church group yet? Looking forward to your reply! - I hope I gave some good leads for you to ask some follow up questions.Faithlife NewslettersCreating an electronic newsletter through your Faithlife church group keeps your congregation connected with prayers, events, and information on community events. Faithlife newsletters are easy t...support.faithlife.com
- Matt Mattox (Faithlife), you did mention the electronic bulletins, etc., and we'll play with those a bit as we're learning. However, those target an electronically-connected crowd that wouldn't mind setting up yet one more "social media" account so they can participate electronically on Sunday mornings. That's not who we are at this point. Out of the 40-60 regulars in our church, I can count on one hand the number of regulars likely to pull out their phone during church, even just to follow the Bible text. Maybe the best way to figure out what I'm looking for is for me to call tomorrow and talk this through with someone. Thanks for your help.
- Feature request - the ability to adjust slide display positions on recordings before published. Reason - Our Pastor accidental chose "follow" instead of "control" on the Proclaim remote app. After noticing this I setup my phone to take control, "nonchalantly" went forward, and gave him my phone for the rest of the presentation. Suffice it to say, some slides are out of order. The attached image shows the "green points" of slide changes. It would be GREAT to adjust their position forward or backward. Thank you and blessings.