Organization • Bellingham, WA • 36 members • 62,491 followers
About this group
Join the Proclaim community to get product news and product support!
- hello, I am trying to connect 2 computers over the wifi and using the midi driver but for some reason I can't make it to work does anyone would be able to help me? Many thanks
- Is there a way to replace the audio on a sermon? We got a better audio recording with a secondary recorder.
- My video backgrounds tend to “flash” at certain points. It often appears to be when the loop ends. I tried turning off hardware acceleration as was mentioned in a few posts but then the animations are very choppy. At this point I am conclusion the laptop isn’t beefy enough, but it has 16 GB ram and a 2 GB video card. Any ideas from the group here?
- Thanks I'm on windows 10 also and experience the same thing.
Pat Damiani — EditedWe just had this happen for the first time this last Sunday. So I'm wondering if something has changed within Proclaim or if this is the result of a Windows update since we've never experienced this before.
- Hey everyone, I do apologize for the inconvenience on this. Justin mentioned above some good information. We have found it is not due to Proclaim code, but from the video player provided by Microsoft. Right now, we are in the researching state on ways to bypass this and get a fix out quickly as possible. May not be for everyone, but we did find someone got a fix by installing K-lite Video codec pac here: https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_full.htm We'll keep everyone updated on this situation.
- Is there a way to download audio from a sermon (or preferably the whole recording) and then insert it to another computer and upload it from there. Long story short.. our internet at the church is Wireless based (and not very good reception at that). It takes hours to upload a sermon sometimes. The average is about 75-90 minutes, but that's if it doesn't fail. So I would like to download the raw data, take it to my home computer, insert it back into the presentation, then upload it to our group.
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) — EditedHey Trinity Baptist Church I'm glad you asked and I got some great news! We actually have a faster route:) For starters, your recording is actually saved to your presentation. No need to re-upload it or download it from your church computer. Next Sunday, just record as you normally do. Once the sermon recording window pops up. Go a head and hit close. (I promise it won't delete your recording) Then once you are at your house or any computer that has Proclaim installed. Open the presentation and you'll see a recording drop down menu with your recordings for that current presentation. Once selected it'll open that sermon recording window we closed earlier. Then hit publish. Hope that all helps for you and others.
- Awesome!! I tried this a couple weeks ago.. but it said that there was no recording on this computer (my home) and to check the computer it was recorded on. Guess you guys updated it, unless I just did something wrong, lol. Anyways, thanks for the quick reply!!
- I would reiterate that you need to hit "Close" button, not the "X" at the top. For some reason these do different things, and hitting the "X" will not make the recording available.
- Did you know? We recently shipped new options for how a date is displayed on an announcement slide! What do you think? Are we missing any you use?
- Is there a way to adjust where a, "sermon" is posted from Proclaim. We have one that can be posted to our main group, but there is another group I would like a different sermon to post to, is this possible?
- Hey sansom48 You can't within Proclaim as we look for your church group and don't show an option to change that within your church group. However, once you hit publish from Proclaim you can head over to sermons.faithlife.com and select your sermon --> choose edit --> select Publish as --> then choose the other group you'd like. Then hit save and you'll see that sermon in the new group.
- How many laptop you need to display on air
- Hey restoration Ministry Technically 1, but your ideal setup will most likely be something in the 2-3 range. On a typical Sunday service you'll want to aim towards a total of 2 monitors (a laptop, desktop monitor, projector screen, etc) -- any of those will work. The key aspect is making sure all monitors are connected to your presentation computer.
- We use 1 laptop connected to a 65 inch TV via HDMI.
- Perfect you'll be set for Sunday. You'll probably want to set your laptop's display setting in Proclaim to 'not used.' That is essentially saying you want the editing/preview window up when proclaim is airing on your 65" TV.
- My pastor was wondering about this issue this morning: if he deletes a slide and then realizes he has made a mistake, how can he undelete it?
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) — EditedHey Richard Bump We have a fairly robust undo/redo. Our preferred method is using a right click. For example, if you delete a service item you can right click on one and select undo. If you need undo a text change you can right and select undo on the textfield. Etc. Hope this helps out in the future and sorry for the disruption this Sunday. I hope it didn't cause too much of an inconvenience.
- Reuse items as well
- Today, I can’t get the slides to display on the proclaim app (iOS). Solid internet connection for both computer and iPad. Restarted iPad. Reinstalled proclaim app. Took presentation on and off air. No luck. When I hit “control” for the service in the app, I just get the spooling symbols. Where the slides should be. I can still advance the slides but can’t see anything. Tried to tap the “send support info” button under the main menu. That just immediately crashes the app every time.
- Pat Damiani it may seem like it, but server issues on Sunday have been infrequent. However, we had issues with the slide renderer yesterday, and another issue with Sync a few weeks ago. Other than that, we haven't had many issues. Sunday stability is our number 1 goal and we essentially drop everything when/if an issue arises.
- Jordan Sjodin, it probably just seems like there are more posts about server issues than there actually are. Like I say, other than not being able to print our presentation yesterday, we haven't had issues. And considering the number of people using Proclaim every weekend, the number of problems is actually very small.
- I'm just seeing this but also experienced this same thing on Sunday. Couldn't connect to the presentation at all.
- Slides are not displaying in my recording today. I tried to record special music before the sermon at the request of the singer. So proclaim recorded both the song and later the sermon. I edited the recording to eliminate the song before uploading, but the slides are not showing up is there any way to fix this?
- Sorry to everyone experiencing remote app problems as well, this issue does extend to the remote app. If you have a service you need up and running with the remote app, set up the remote app for a local Wi-Fi connection. This will bypass the troubles by allowing the app to download the slides from your computer
- The slides worked during the service but are not showing up in the Electronic Bulletin.
- Unfortunately, we discovered this after our service presentation had already gone live (though during the warmup section). We also discovered that you can't set up local wifi on the projecting computer while it is On Air. I was able to create a workaround that sufficed, though clumsily: I set up the local wifi on my computer and duplicated the presentation there (so it would have a different name), then put that one On Air in my office and connected my iPad remote app to it, cued up to my sermon notes. And since I normally control the slides on the main presentation computer through a remote clicker, I did that as normal. I just had to advance both the actual presentation as well as the one I was watching on my iPad. As I said, it was clumsy but it got us through. I just don't want to do that again—especially last minute!