Organization • Bellingham, WA • 31 members • 82189 followers
About this group
Join the Proclaim community to get product support from our product specialists and developers!Follow
- Hello Proclaim Users We deeply apologize for the challenges you, our valued Proclaim customers, experienced these past 2 weekends. On 7/17 and 7/24 Proclaim experienced degraded service. This resulted in many customers being unable to sync changes, failed media up-and-downloads, and a complete outage for some. Our team was automatically alerted and addressed the issues as quickly as possible. What happened? On Sunday July 17th 2022 and July 24th 2022 The main database server for Proclaim and Faithlife Music was overloaded, which caused very slow response times for many customers, and a complete outage for others. Why did it happen? The on-premises servers that power Proclaim were completely moved to a new cloud hosting provider (Azure Cloud Service) on Tuesday, July 19th. In preparation for this complete move, we moved some of our caches to Azure. This caused excessive latency between our on premises servers and our new Azure servers on Sunday, July 17th. On Sunday, July 24th there was another outage resulting from a scaling issue on the new servers. A configuration error caused a core service for Proclaim to have insufficient capacity (CPU Cores and Memory) to handle the load. What are we doing to ensure this does not happen in the future? Additional capacity was provisioned on Sunday July 24th 2022 to handle the load. We are reviewing all capacity to ensure it’s sufficient for our customers’ needs. Development teams are being trained on responding more quickly to this type of incident. We also apologize that you may have experienced challenges with other Faithlife products. Over the past few weeks, we have been migrating all our servers to create a better experience for our customers. Our goal is to improve site and service performance, security, and reliability. Our migration is now complete. Again, we are deeply sorry for the service disruptions. We strive to be a trusted provider for you and your church. We are confident that we have addressed the underlying issues and have put extra steps in place to ensure that services are not disrupted again in the future.
- Sunday July 24, Proclaim customers had degraded service between 7:30 and 9:00 AM PDT. This manifested in failed media uploads and downloads, leaving many customers unable to sync new files with their presenting computer. Our team was automatically alerted about these issues. We quickly investigated and, once we found the problem, made a change. Within minutes we saw the errors begin to resolve and our customers began to report that things were working again. We apologize for the disruption. We know that people rely on Proclaim for their services, and that Proclaim needs to work to that end. We are very confident that the underlying issue has been resolved. If you continue to have issues, please contact our support team at 888-634-2038 or email@example.com. You can also visit our status page at status.faithlife.com, then click on Proclaim to see any affected services and subscribe to monitor our progress.Faithlife StatusWelcome to Faithlife's home for real-time and historical data on system performance.status.faithlife.com
- When we go on air, our computer goes to full screen presentation also. How do we change the settings back to show edit mode while on air?
Tuesday M. (Faithlife Employee) — EditedHello, thank you for reaching out to us with this issue. Have you checked to make sure your displays are extended? If you are on a PC this article might be helpful to you: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007127392-Why-Do-My-Computer-Monitor-and-Projector-Look-the-Same-When-On-Air-
- Thank you; these changes corrected our problem!
- I have two different services, that need to be separate files. But when I change the service start time on one it changes it on the other. How can I keep them from changing.
- When I type in the faithlife link to play with the trivia it says server error and could not process request?
- Proclaim keeps crashing this morning on multiple devices
- We cannot connect from tablet to control proclaim this morning. Tried both android tablet and iOS. It pulls up the presentation but then crashes. Connecting over internet.
- Hello Brian, Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. Can you please try connecting over local wifi like Steven suggested and let us know if you continue to have issues with the Proclaim remote? Thank you.
- Hey guys, sorry it’s been so long, but this is the first time I’ve had to look at my phone since the initial post. We did connect over local WiFi and it worked just fine. But since there has been so much talk over the last few weeks about this feature being down and not working, and then them saying it was fixed and appropriate bandwidth was now available, I wanted to let you know it wasn’t working this morning. It DID work over WiFi.
- Why does Proclaim insert the “Open Bible” graphic on my slides even though I have chosen the basic blue background? Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?
- SCIC had three remotes going and all of them had repeated crashes and the log files were sent. We are still a long way from being able to have worship without technical problems and distractions. (week three is better, but still bad)
- Is there a way to embed videos from Facebook watch? I used the "add website" and copied the link just like a YouTube video but it was showing the whole web page and the video wasn't playing.
- I just submitted logs, I think I am supposed to post here next... A couple of things I have noticed and a frustrating issue we deal with each week. Using MacOS 1) If I am creating an "Announcement V2" and type a capital "F" (shift or caps lock) it toggles in and out of Full Screen. I have not had this issue with any other item types so far. 2) We use a paperless hymnal that we have had for years. The sheet music exists as powerpoint slides. We import these to Proclaim where it comes in as a background image. I have to stretch the background to get it in widescreen format. Any time that presentation is exited and reopened the background settings are not saved. We have to go in and stretch all of the songs again before services. This is not hard, but extremely frustrating. Can this be fixed?
- Is there any news on the status of Apple Silicon support for Proclaim? I seem to see discussion of Logos getting native support in a few months, but nearly two years after the M1 launched, I don't see any indications of imminent support for Proclaim. I hope it is coming soon?