Organization • Bellingham, WA • 31 members • 82262 followers
About this group
Join the Proclaim community to get product support from our product specialists and developers!Follow
- Hello Proclaim Users We deeply apologize for the challenges you, our valued Proclaim customers, experienced these past 2 weekends. On 7/17 and 7/24 Proclaim experienced degraded service. This resulted in many customers being unable to sync changes, failed media up-and-downloads, and a complete outage for some. Our team was automatically alerted and addressed the issues as quickly as possible. What happened? On Sunday July 17th 2022 and July 24th 2022 The main database server for Proclaim and Faithlife Music was overloaded, which caused very slow response times for many customers, and a complete outage for others. Why did it happen? The on-premises servers that power Proclaim were completely moved to a new cloud hosting provider (Azure Cloud Service) on Tuesday, July 19th. In preparation for this complete move, we moved some of our caches to Azure. This caused excessive latency between our on premises servers and our new Azure servers on Sunday, July 17th. On Sunday, July 24th there was another outage resulting from a scaling issue on the new servers. A configuration error caused a core service for Proclaim to have insufficient capacity (CPU Cores and Memory) to handle the load. What are we doing to ensure this does not happen in the future? Additional capacity was provisioned on Sunday July 24th 2022 to handle the load. We are reviewing all capacity to ensure it’s sufficient for our customers’ needs. Development teams are being trained on responding more quickly to this type of incident. We also apologize that you may have experienced challenges with other Faithlife products. Over the past few weeks, we have been migrating all our servers to create a better experience for our customers. Our goal is to improve site and service performance, security, and reliability. Our migration is now complete. Again, we are deeply sorry for the service disruptions. We strive to be a trusted provider for you and your church. We are confident that we have addressed the underlying issues and have put extra steps in place to ensure that services are not disrupted again in the future.
- Sunday July 24, Proclaim customers had degraded service between 7:30 and 9:00 AM PDT. This manifested in failed media uploads and downloads, leaving many customers unable to sync new files with their presenting computer. Our team was automatically alerted about these issues. We quickly investigated and, once we found the problem, made a change. Within minutes we saw the errors begin to resolve and our customers began to report that things were working again. We apologize for the disruption. We know that people rely on Proclaim for their services, and that Proclaim needs to work to that end. We are very confident that the underlying issue has been resolved. If you continue to have issues, please contact our support team at 888-634-2038 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our status page at status.faithlife.com, then click on Proclaim to see any affected services and subscribe to monitor our progress.Faithlife StatusWelcome to Faithlife's home for real-time and historical data on system performance.status.faithlife.com
- Greetings! Does Proclaim currently support importing videos with Alpha channel? If it does, in which formats?
- Currently, Mac natively supports ProRes 444 so an MOV with that encoding will preserve the transparency. However, you will need to make the first frame of the video transparent. A current limitation of proclaim is it uses the first frame behind the video to mask loading time, so if the first frame has any non-transparent portions you will see them for the whole duration. Currently, Proclaim on windows does not support transparency in videos.
- Does proclaim offer their own streamer? If so, can I have a link to see what they offer? Right now we use OBS, but we are looking for something can do multiple platforms at once with features that can help produce more interactivity. Thanks!
- Hello, Damian - There are a number of Steaming Softwares which offer multiple destinations. This link offers, for example, a comparison of StreamYard, BoxCast, vMix and StreeAnn Studio (listed as a sponsored link on this page so caveat emptor): https://www.saasworthy.com/compare/streamyard-vs-boxcast-vs-vmix?pIds=4389,7314,7322 Restream is another service which might provide the options you seek.
- We're using a platform called ChurchLab to stream to Facebook, YouTube and our Church Online platform. The Church Online Platform is free and it a lot of built in options to encourage engagement.
- Is there a way to export a songs lyrics to either word or powerpoint
- I am trying to setup a Vertical 16x9 aspect ratio. The website says it is possible, but Proclaim only gives me 16x9 and 4x3. Additionally I cannot add virtual displays, the button is dim. See image attached. Any suggestions. https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007374111-How-Can-I-Change-the-Aspect-Ratio-of-My-Presentation-
- Thanks for the article, but Proclaim is giving me the option to add Virtual screens or my other displays. 16x9 and 4x3 are my only options. The PA248 display is vertical.
- Rodney Jenness posted an announcement
UnsubscribeI am unsubscribing from this group.
- Is there a way to turn off auto sync to other computers?
- Mainly, we are seeing that when the sync is occurring on other machines, the current screen will shutter for a few seconds.
- Our church is using proclaim as digital signage. We have tv's set up to run basic slides of events, etc. coming up. Just ran into a snag though and wonder if there is a run-a-round for it. A Hisense 85inch tv that we bought, will only run for 2 hours max without turning the screen saver on for our internet signage page through proclaim. 2 hours doesn't get us through a regular Sunday morning. Any thoughts or advice?
Brian Burkhart (Faithlife) — EditedHello, Nampa First Church of the Nazarene - There may be a setting on the TV which will prevent the "time out." The browser used to display the Sign Feed may also have sleep options. Sometimes the available browsers on smart TVs aren't as robust or flexible as are needed to run digital signage. Other options such as an Amazon FireStick or a Chromebit HDMI stick may be preferable: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007374351-Displaying-Your-Sign-Feed
- I want to add a fun survey to the preservice slides. I created the survey slide with questions and a results slide. How do people respond to the survey?