Logos Bible Software
General • Bellingham, WA • 29 members • 51,711 followers
About this group
Logos Bible Software is the world's leading tool for digital Bible study, and a product of Faithlife.
- — EditedWe are so excited to introduce #Logos8 to you! Tune in for the Live Event celebration.Introducing Logos 8This video is about Logos 8 Livefaithlifetv.com
- — EditedAyone else with the Logos Application for Android notice that everytime they open up a reading plan it defaults to the top of the list? Everytime I open the app and go to my daily Bible reading plan, it defaults to Jan 1. To get to my next day of reading, I have to uncheck Jan 1 as not having been read, and then recheck it. Then it will scroll to the right day. Second issue: In the desktop application, does anyone know how to add more columns on the dashboard in Logos 8? I see an option when clicking the gear at the top right that allows me to choose 3,4,5 or Auto columns. But my dashboard stays in 3 columns no matter what I choose. Does anyone know what the setting even does? I have tried changing it and restarting the application and still never changes from three columns.
- I am having some problems with Logos on my mobile devices. I am using an Apple iPad Pro 9.7" and a Google Pixel phone. I have just upgraded to Logos 8, but I have had some of these issues going back for several months now. This past Sunday I attempted to use the Logos app for my sermon notes instead of printing them out. When I checked that it was working before Sunday School the app was freezing up on me and was not picking up the changes I made to my sermon that morning. I removed the app and reinstalled it. Everything came up properly at that point and when I used my Logos app in Sunday School it was non-responsive. I double-tapped the home button on the ipad and closed the app from there. It took a little while for it to come back up, but it worked. I then verified I could get to my sermon notes and they were there. When I got into the pulpit and switched from my commentaries to my sermon it came up with a solid block of color instead of my sermon notes. I tried to close and reopen it and the sermon still would not display. I switched to my phone because it always seems to work fine. Not an ideal surface to preach from as it is much smaller, but it tends to work fine. When I loaded the sermon up from my phone, however, it not only didn't have the notes/changes I made on Saturday/Sunday, but seemed to load up a version of my sermon from Tuesday/Wednesday. This is especially odd since I don't believe I ever opened this sermon on my phone. Currently, I can make Logos freeze up reliably on my iPad by following these steps: 1. Open and use Logos 2. Press the home button on the iPad and use another app 3. Reopen Logos. It will be frozen on the last screen I had open. 4. double tap the home button and close Logos from the multitasking screen 5. Reopen Logos. It will be frozen on the last screen I had open for 2-5 seconds before changing to the blue loading screen. At this point I can usually use Logos reliably. Sometimes it freezes up again or completely crashes and I have to repeat this process. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Logos from the app store. I have the same problem with Logos not picking up the most recent version of my sermon on both my apple iPad and my android phone. Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.
- Hi Daniel where is the passage list now. Can find it on Verbum 8
- Sorry Can't find it any where?
- Romeo Fernando - are you looking for the Passage List on the desktop or mobile? As far as I know it has never been supported on mobile. On desktop - you can access them from the Docs menu, optionally filtering by Passage List (screenshot is from Logos, I think it should be just the same in Verbum)
- Has there been any thoughts on connecting the new Logos Notes to the Sermon Editor? I'm preaching through a book of the Bible, but I'm keeping my notes in a notebook with the name of the Bible book (rather than the sermon). Perhaps there's already a way to do this. I thought it would be nice to connect the notes to the sermon, so whenever I go into the sermon editor, the notes are already accessible. This way, I wouldn't have to go looking for them.
- David Mullens — EditedGraham Criddle I usually find myself using the Web app on a Chromebook. I created a new sermon document on my WIndows 10 machine, and it had the automatically publish option checked. So, I unchecked it, opened a new document and it wasn't checked (like you said). When I went to the Web app and tried it, the box was checked again. So, it could be the web app that causes the box to get checked. On Windows 10 I'm on the Windows 8.1 beta.
- Hi, I'm trying to create a collection from some resources in my library but can't seem to figure it out. I want to take the Smyth & Helwys, A LifeGuide Bible Study, Reformed Expository Commentary and possibly a couple other into a special collection. I'm able to get one added but not the others. I've even tried to drag and drop by highlighting in my library but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I am using L8. Thanks, Claybon
- Kevin — EditedHi Claybon, You should be able to drag resources individually from the library into the section 'Plus these resources', the area highlighted in red in first image. You can also highlight multiple items in the library, then in the 'Info' panel choose 'Save as Collection' as in second image. You can also drag other collections from the 'Open' menu to the 'Plus/Minus these resources' sections which is very useful for quick creations. Hopefully this will help
- Thank you SeeHisFace, Your tips worked without a problem. I was close to doing what you suggested but just a few steps away. Love the group as everyone is very helpful.
- — EditedLooking for tips on getting the most out of your Notes tool? We are here to help!Logos Notes | Logos Bible SoftwareSee what’s new in the latest version of Logos Bible Software. Whether you’re preparing a sermon or doing personal devotions, Logos 8 includes the digital books and tools you need to understand and apply God’s Word with accuracy and conviction.www.logos.com
- Important words: Hebrew word for "Iniquity" has no reading sound. please add the sound.
- Is there a way to embed a video in your personal books? If there is, how do i do it?
- Can anyone from mobile Ed would give me a response on the fact of my email that I have repeatedly sent about the iOS app mobile Ed activities function links do not work
- Jeffrey Marshall, I'm really sorry you are having this experience on mobile. We are aware of this limitation and are planning on improving this feature by early next year. Feel free to message me directly/privately if you have any further questions and thanks for providing this feedback! Thanks for your patience.
- Quick question. Do you think that sermons will be added to Dashboard? Think it makes sense that you can easily find your most recent sermon you are working on from the home page.