Organization • Bellingham, WA • 37 members • 56,230 followers
About this group
Join the Proclaim community to get product news and answers to your questions.
- Want to to create custom and reoccurring events with the Faithlife Calendar that you can then use in Proclaim? Learn how in the video below!Episode 12: Creating Recurring and Custom EventsLearn how to create recurring and customer events.faithlifetv.com
- I've gone back a few weeks looking to publish sermons that have been missed, and even though they show as "recorded", but I get the error that I need to check another computer. Can they be found so that I can publish them?
- Are you on the computer that initially recorded the presentation? Once that computer has opened them recording up - it'll be available for your group to do the same on a different computer.
- Why Art Deserves a Place in Your Church ServiceA.W. Tozer, pastor and author of many Christian classics, once wrote, “We do not want new doctrine—we want fresh emphasis on doctrine already well known by all of us.” Tozer is getting at something very much related to the role of art in worship and churches: we need to see old truths with fresh eyes. Read moreblog.proclaimonline.com
- I noticed that some work was done in the past to improve the detection of various song structure tags used by Planning Center. I still find myself having to manually fix a lot of tags, either in the song structure field or in the lyrics box, because they consistently mismatch. One such item is that "Verse" and "Chorus" are never accepted by Proclaim without numbers, whereas PCO only begins numbering if more than one of that tag type come into play. I have to manually add "1" to verses and choruses both in the structure field and the lyrics box. Another one that consistently mismatches is the PreChorus. The import from PCO makes it appear as "Pc" in the structure, but it's red because it can't identify it as a match with "PreChorus" or "Pre-Chorus" or similar spellings within the lyrics. I think some other tags also suffer from going unidentified. If there's a guide to how me might need to spell the tags within the lyrics so Proclaim can match them with the tags as shown in the structure, please let me know. We can start making the necessary changes in our lyric/chord charts in PCO.
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) — EditedHey Frederic William Beck You can edit the tags (in Proclaim) or Sequences as they call it in Planning Center to match better. For example, V in Planning Center won't be recognize in Proclaim since Proclaim reads V1, V2 rather then V. You'll want to edit the tag in PCO. To edit that, you'll want to locate a song and from the arrange you'll see an option that says sequence. Clicking on that will bring up the window like my screenshot.
- Question re Digital Signage. I followed the recommendation and bought a Fire TV stick (since I couldn't figure out how to use the built-in Samsung MagicInfo player to connect to the sign feed). The feed works well with the exception that I have to manually launch the Faithlife Digital Signage app from the main menu. The last used feed auto-starts after that. I noticed other signage apps on Fire TV and many seem to provide a way to make them automatically launch themselves after boot. I have not found any kind of settings or options in the Faithlife Signage app that lets me start the feed unattended by just switching on the power. I want to make it as simple as possible so hospitality folks need only switch on power and don't need navigate the menus with the remote. Any ideas?
- Hi Frederic William Beck, we looked into this quite a bit and found that there isn't a good way to get around this. Amazon makes it really difficult to bypass the home screen and blacklists apps that would let you do that. The best solution for Fire TV would be to leave the Digital Signage running all the time. There is another solution in case you're interested. If you use an ASUS ChromeBit for Digital Signage you can run that in kiosk mode. In kiosk mode you can set Digital Signage to start up automatically when you power it on. We can definitely help you set that up if you'd like to use that route.
- About songs, specifically the third list of songs you get in Proclaim - Faithlife Hymn Database … Question - Are these ones all public domain? And a comment - It seems weirdly ironic that Faithlife's own set of lyrics don't load by default with author attribution and copyright fields filled. Could that be rectified?
Lance Lawton — EditedThanks, Justin. Yes I am finding something different. I haven't picked from that list often for various reasons. But I did recently, and the fields at the bottom were all blank. In case it matters, the actual hymn was "Stand Up, and Bless the Lord", for which the author is James Montgomery. (But I had to find that detail elsewhere). Apart from the author, there's the copyright as well. That may well be "Public domain" in every case. But it seems silly to have to manually type that in, when the software we're using is Faithlife's own product.
- It's a minor point. But it seems worth the comment, given that one purpose of an app like Proclaim is to minimise manual editing for time efficiency.
- Tech Tuesday: Transcribe Your Sermon Audio AutomaticallyAutomatic sermon transcription in Faithlife Proclaim means you can do more with your sermon, without investing any extra time. In two clicks you can turn your audio into a manuscript, allowing you to: Automatically pair text with audio for closed captioning Use your transcripts for blog posts, social media, or book manuscripts Search, tag, and Read moreblog.proclaimonline.com
- We record our messages on Sunday with a Sony AX53 4K Handycam. Is there a way I can feed a copy of the presentation to the camera so when I'm recording the Pastor I can have it switch over and record the slides for a few minutes then have it go back to the Pastor to record him again. I've been adding the slide text in post, but thought it would be easier if I could integrate with the live video. I hope that makes sense.
- Greg Davidson, this one actually might be a better choice for you. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1318041-REG/blackmagic_design_swatemtvstu_hd_atem_television_studio_hd.html?sts=piBlackmagic DesignATEM Television Studio HDBuy Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio HD featuring 8-Channel SDI/HDMI Switcher, NTSC/PAL, HD, Computer Signal Compatible 10-Channel Digital Audio Mixer. Review Blackmagic Design ATEMwww.bhphotovideo.com
- The ATEM can be controlled with the buttons on the front or using software so you don't necessarily have to get a controller. If you choose to opt for the software control that won't take many resources on your computer since it's just controlling it. The switcher itself is doing the heavy lifting.
- Ok, great. That one seems nicer too since I don't have to have it rack mounted.
- if i duplicate a presentation will it create a new Digital Bulletin with that duplication?
- Is it okay to publish ahead of time and can you save over a published item
- I published and it still shows under Digital Signage an old wording about "Joy Fellowship" That slide had been deleted and it's still showing up about it. Also When i open digital Signage, it will not let me view any digital bulletin, it is grayed out.
- Not sure the best place to post this but since its regarding a set of slides I thought this was the best. Is there a set of slides I can use to display the full capabilities of the Faithlife "Suite" in a concise manner? I have seen some Follow Along slides in the Media Library and slides about a link to Faithlife group. What I'd like is a set, like 3-4 slides that quickly explains Faithlife Study Bible and follow along capabilities, Group capabilities such as notes about how to find bulletins and other group capabilities on the church site or Faithlife group. As well as some pictorial icons for App Stores, etc. I want to basically introduce the church to the suite of Faithlife apps and sites through a few slides that can run for several Sundays.
- Thanks Justin. Yes I think this would go a long way to easing a congregation into the offerings and letting them take advantage of everything.
- Would a video justify instead? I'm making tutorial videos and I could break them into topics and sub topics.
- Matt - I suppose it would, but in our case I'd like to have something purely visual with no audio, as Id be running it before and after service.