Organization • Bellingham, WA • 36 members • 50,760 followers
About this group
Join the Proclaim community to get product news and answers to your questions.
- — EditedIt's not too late to nominate your church admin (or yourself if you are one) to win an all-expenses-paid trip for two to the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C. The sweepstakes are open to any full- or part-time church admin. Nominate your church admin (or yourself if you are one) at www.faithlife.com/sweepstakes.Church Admin SweepstakesChurch administrators are critical to every congregation, providing shape and structure so that ministry can flourish. To honor your faithful ministry, we're giving away a trip for two to the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C.faithlife.com
- — EditedWhen working with Proclaim on my personal laptop at home on my home wi-fi, I always get "error uploading slides" for anything I had added to a presentation. Sometimes I can reboot a few times and eventually get the green checkmark and all is well, but not always. I am wondering if it's a firewall issue....but not sure how to 'allow' this traffic.
- Is there any way to have captions of the service items to show up on the remote screen? It would be nice to know what is next when you have multiple slides with the same image and different functions. If this is not possible now, it would be nice as a future update. Thanks in advance Gregg
- — EditedHey Unfortunately no, the only option we have is to show a preview of the upcoming slides with a short description of what it is. "E.g. Mark 1-3 Bible Passage" Appreciate the feedback and we can use this for next time we make changes to the remote if this is something we'd like to do.
- Hey Gregg, I dont think I fully understand the question. Is this when using the Remote app? The remote should have a timeline of slides at the bottom that will show the preview of whats up next. Is this not what you need?
- I've been asked to project a fairly lengthy scripture passage during the instrumental of a song. How is it best to do that?
- Hey Thanks for asking us for some assistance. The best way is to use a bible service item from the add item menu. You can then type in the scripture passage. E.g. Mark 1-3 rather then typing out chapters 1-3 from Mark. If you have multiple passages that may jump around. Make sure to add another bible service item. If you use the On-screen bible (internet is required) you can add multiple passages on a single OSB service item using the 'add a passage' button under the reference. I'll attach a screenshot to show you what it will look like.
- We have been unable to get any of the countdown videos we used at the beginning of a service to show the time in the center of the picture like it used to. Did Proclaim change these or are we doing something wrong?
- Hey It all depends on the type of video/countdown you choose. The count down videos are all pre-designed meaning the layout will be different for each video. Majority of the videos are centered with the timer though. I'll show you a couple examples.
- Here are a couple examples I was referring to. Notice the one on the left has the timer in the middle, but the one on the right has the timer on the bottom.
- If using the donate signal on a slide, do I have to enter an amount? It works when I enter an amount, but I leave the suggested amount blank and get this screen from Paypal that says "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." but the url says something about AMOUNT ERROR "https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=71e6942a61ea8&code=AMOUNT_ERROR"
- — EditedHey We are trying to replicate your scenario. Right now we are experiencing a few dilemmas when signed into a PayPal account. We'll keep looking and let you know what we find.
- Yep Contact@stjohnumc.org Same email I used on my other slides. Only difference is I left the amount blank because people tithe so differently.
- How do I include a You Tube video into my presentation?
- Hey You can add a Youtube video by going to Add Item selecting "web page" and then copy and paste the Youtube URL into the box you see.
- Thanks Matt. Not all YouTube videos work. Is there a reason for that?
- Could be a copyright issue depending on how/who uploaded the video. We've seen this happen a few times when someone w/o a Youtube license uploads a video.
- Hi team, Excellent job for Proclaim so far! Proclaim has come a long way since it first launched. Just to check, for my church we have a Presentation Group of which my Proclaim license is tied to. Thus far, Proclaim is used for our Sunday service only. However, we have received a request from our Youth service to use Proclaim as well. Our main concern is that the youths have access to the Sunday service presentation files and may accidentally make changes to it. I have tried creating a Member Account and link it to our presentation group. However, the member account still has access to the files. Is there any way to restrict the access? Thanks!
- Hey It is like you are attending our meetings. Ha, we plan actually do a similar approach to how groups work in Proclaim. Right now though 1 presentation requires 1 subscription and any more presentation groups even if its within the same church will require an additional subscription. ( we realize the flaw here and we don't encourage you to purchase 2 on air subscriptions) Note: sub groups don't bypass this or make count towards the same group What we encourage for the time being is to use your one presentation group with your church ( youth ministry, Sunday service, etc ) and label each presentation accordingly. I would only give the Youth Pastor access to the youth service presentations or any other members you are confident they know how to create a new presentation and not delete or remove anything. We have the ability to "undelete" presentations as you do as well from documents.logos.com so don't worry if that happens as we can always help as well. Apology for the disruption in your guy's workflow.
- why does the CCLI only work on one account? as the admin I linked the account already but our tech member is not able to use it
- How do you delete an entire entry after you have entered songs, sermon, etc. Thanks
- Hey You can delete multiple service items by left clicking on the first item + holding down the shift key and left clicking on the last service item you want to delete. It will select multiple service items for you to delete.