The Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning, analysis and projections for Faithlife and its multiple companies and product lines. This is a position that includes (a) detailed reporting and analytics, (b) working directly with the Accounting Manager and CFO to coordinate the budgeting and forecasting processes for the Company, and (c) ensuring that costs are properly assigned and allocated to product lines and channels.
Success in this position requires the ability to identify the appropriate ways to aggregate and present financial and non-financial data in a form that is most useful to operating management to make informed decisions. In addition to strong and self-reliant analysis skills, success also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work across varying levels in the organization.
- Updating monthly sales revenue and personnel expense forecasts and providing summary narratives of changes for management
- Identifying and explaining actual to budget performance variances monthly and aggregating annual variance explanations
- Analyzing current, past and projected financial and operating data and performance
- Preparing reports and projections based on analysis
- Identifying trends in financial and operating performance and providing recommendations for improvements
- Partnering with the Accounting Manager and CFO to coordinate the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes by working directly with department and business line managers to develop and complete plans
- Reviewing the budget proposals of others for completeness, accuracy and alignment with organizational objectives
- Working with the Accounting Manager and others to maintain systems of costs allocations to product lines and channels as necessary to properly assess performance
The ideal candidate
- Is naturally analytical, self-reliant and confident in identifying and maintaining financial and non-financial metrics and reporting necessary to make informed business decisions
- Has a strong grasp of financial accounting and statement and disclosure construction
- Is crazy good with Excel and accounting, planning and reporting systems
- Does not need to be a developer but is comfortable and enjoys using and administering business intelligence database systems
- Has three or more years in comparable roles showing progression in responsibilities and scope
- Clearly exhibits the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and excel in what is often a fast-paced work environment
- Effectively works with others across various levels of the organization and exhibits the ability to partner with others for mutual success
- Is detail-oriented with exceptional follow through
The really ideal candidate
- Is experienced analyzing technology, including but not limited to, SaaS companies
- Was trained in an organization with multiple product lines distributed across several channels
- Has a working knowledge of Dynamics GP and Solver bi360
- Licensed as a or candidate for Certified Public Accountant
Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software, along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.
The Company is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, Faithlife offers many unique benefits like flexible vacation scheduling, free espresso and soda, and an outdoor center with a kayak, snowshoes and even a couple of mopeds that employees can borrow!
This position is located near the water in beautiful downtown Bellingham, Washington. Please note that telecommuting will not be considered.